For her birthday I knitted her some mittens. It is the first time that I knitted with two different colors. Though the pattern looks like it is white yarn, it is actually light purple. I am happy with the way they came out, although I should have made the cuffs longer. But I get impatient knitting ribbing, especially on size 2 needles. It takes too long.
******
Today Sara and I went for a walk down to the campground to drop the recycling off. As we were headed down the hill, I could see the fire truck with a couple guys walking around pulling a hose. Apparently a little fire started in one of the dumpsters. Could have been a cigarette, could have been charcoal, who knows. But Iffy got to play firefighter with his ranger friends.
It's been a crazy weekend aroud here, the Terlingua Chili Cookoff is going on yesterday and today. It is a big deal that draws people in from all over the country. Oddly enough the locals tend to stay inside all weekend, away from the hordes. I hear it gets pretty crazy. There were a few DUI's this weekend here in the park, including a motorcyclist (not wearing a helmet) who had to get flown out. Also the highlight of Iffy's week was when he was walking through the campground one night and saw a very senior woman standing topless in her RV. It was dark out, so though he could see in, she most likely could not see out into the dark. He said that there was a whole lot of sagging going on...
And in totally unrelated news, I heard on the news yesterday that the only state in the country that still has an over 50% approval rating of Dick Cheney is his home state of Wyoming which, by the way, is the least populated state in the country. There's only 527,000 people that live there, and a little over half of them like Cheney. Wow, that's gotta make him feel good.
But enough of Dick, here's some cute little Sara pictures. I figured I'd take one of her in the garage, then Iffy can take it to work and see his baby and garage all at the same time!
1 comments:
Colorwork isn't as hard as it looks! Great job with the mittens - I have been wanting to make some mittens myself. For these long, cold, southwest winters.
Post a Comment