Sunday, November 23, 2008

glass and such

Today I got my paper pattern pieces all cut up for the ohm window for yoga teacher. I am holding off on cutting any glass until I see her tomorrow and show her a couple different blues, see which she likes best. But in the meantime I do have to put a strip of copper foil around all these little glass globs.

The globs are going to be the interior border of the window.
By the way, a whole group of Hobby Lobby employees gave me the blank look when I asked them where the glass globs were- they're in the floral section FYI.
The Window panel is in the works as well. The sky is in the kiln as we speak getting some clouds fused onto it. I have no before picture of the sky, but here's the rest of it.

"But Joanne!" you might say, "it looks really ugly." Never fear, it is only because the colors don't come out in this photographic instance. It is hard to get the right aperture on the camera when there is so much backlight. Plus artificial light is never as good as natural. So keep this ugly "in process" picture in mind when you see the finished thing.

What else...

Sara is climbing up on the couch now, so the plywood containment unit (PCU) or Guantanamo Bay as we like to call it, is going to be headed outta here (Hooray!) since now she will probably try to vault herself off the side of the couch to get out of there.


Apparently the park thinks that Iffy is such a good ranger that he got a cash bonus because of his splendiferous performance review! 1400 after tax . Hooray for that too!

And to end on, here just for fun, is a picture of tiny little Sara feet a year ago today.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The Window is going to look great - is it a "Window window"? You guys are too funny with Guantanamo Bay. And I can't believe how small Sara was! Sometimes it freaks me out trying to imagine how fast babies grow, and all the crazy biological processes that are going on at the same time.

Kristin J said...

I like where The Window is headed. I can't wait to see the final product. Keep us posted on your art - I love to see it.Sara's little feet were so LITTLE.