Anyway, after the thrift store we eventually wound up at the grocery store. At first Sara was being good sitting in the shopping cart, but after a while she started with the back arching, fussin' and 'a carrying on until I picked her up and carried her. Pushing an increasingly heavy shopping cart AND holding a baby is super fun by the way. So we get to the dog food aisle, and I remember that we need dog food. So now I have to pick up a 40 pound bag, hold a baby and push a cart. I left the cart at the end of the aisle, and put Sara on the ground momentarily as I pulled the dog food bag off the shelf. Then I picked her up and kicked the dog food back down the aisle towards the cart. Let me tell you, Sara thought this was HILARIOUS! She was laughing her head off the whole way down the aisle. "Ha ha" she seemingly laughed, "my plan worked, I am making my mommy look like an idiot"
While at the doctors, we found out that Sara has not gained ANYTHING in the past month. She is still 17 and a half pounds. The nurse said not to worry about it, it's only been a month. Really I'm not worried about it, she seems like a perfectly healthy active baby to me. I guess she is burning off a lot of calories these days doing pull ups and trying to walk:
Later in the day, driving home, we were coming up on Marathon (pronounced Mare-uh-thin) when I saw a goat on the side of the road. It was a very large Texas size goat. Probably as tall as a Great Dane, but much heftier. I pulled over to get a picture, and to stop moving because I was on the phone in a very teeny tiny pocket of cell reception. As I pulled up on the goat however, he decided to skedaddle, and so jumped through the window of an old abandoned building. It reminded me of the time that we saw three or four goats standing on top of a pickup truck in Terlingua. Anyways, I didn't get a very good picture of the goat, but I like the way the cracks in the wall look in the picture. Also, I think that the goat run-in was the reason for Satan's appearance in my dream last night...
And finally, Sara has recently been approached by VF Imagewear to model for the NPS uniform catalog after they saw her stunning work with footwear (just kidding of course)
2 comments:
Odd, I also randomly encountered some goats while riding my bike on the canal path today. I think Sara is going to be some kind of crazy Cirque de Soleil acrobat when she gets older.
I love the story of kicking dog food down the isle. I can really picture you trying to juggle everything at once. So funny. Kids love to make us look stupid in the grocery store. Just check out my recent entry about the dinosaurs. Good times.
Post a Comment