Saturday, November 15, 2008

what's goin on..

Apparently the dogs really like the bed I made for them. There is another bed immediately to the right of this one, as can be seen in the photo. But they have decided that they BOTH need to be on this one. However, as you can also see, princess Oscar has nowhere comfy to rest his forelegs and head. This is causing a little grumbling. But Elsie is standing her ground. She's not budging. Good for her.


Also dog related, as you can see, Sara is serving as a good dust mop these days with her crawling around the house. That big clump on her butt is dog hair. I should really sweep more often. Most people might not show off to the world how hairy their house is. But there's no controlling it, unless I walk around with a broom 24 hours a day. Which I will not be doing in this lifetime.


This was Sara's birthday "cake". Some cupcakes. We gave her one without frosting since she was eating it only about an hour before bedtime. I didn't want her to get all hopped up on frosting and be up til midnight.

I know, I know, this isn't a very good picture of her first cake experience. Only some crumbs on the tray. Sorry.


I pointed out to Iffy that she's looking at ME in this picture. Ha ha

The other day she fell asleep on the floor in the midst of all her toys. She actually slept there for about 20 minutes or so.


You may be thinking to yourself, "Joanne, what sort of craftiness have you been up to lately?" Well rest assured that I have in fact been spending hours upon hours on a certain project, but since it is someones Christmas gift, I have not been talking about it here. But the good news is that the most tedious part of the project is now done and over with and I can concentrate on the fun part.

In other crafty news, I've got some glass work lined up. I am going to make a window for my yoga teacher. She just opened up her new studio space, and it has an attached room that will be used for visiting teachers and other guests. It will be going in that room. The window will be circular, about 18 inches in diameter and will be the "ohm" symbol, It will look something like this:



The inner circular border will be little round glass globs. The outer border will be broken into 12 sections. The color scheme will be reds, blues, yellow and a little purple.

Also, every year there is an auction here at the park benefiting the employees association. People donate things that they make, or services, or whatever. I am working on a small stained glass panel of the Window:

Most of it will be stained glass, but for the sky I am going to fuse clouds on it. While I've got the kiln going I will also throw in a little pendant and earrings for the auction.

So that's about it for now. I'll post pictures of my works in progress as they happen.

Adios
Joanne

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Why sweep when Sara will clean up the dog hair for you? What a little helper she is! The dogs are doing what my cat does: I'll make her a cute little cat bed, but she'll decide she likes the fleece jacket tossed on the bed way better. Is there a dog equivalent of catnip? You could drug them onto the new dog bed.

I saw this, but I didn't really look at it:
http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/

Kristin J said...

I can't wait to see how your stained glass turns out. Be sure to post pictures of the presents you are making too, after you have given the gifts obviously. That is the cutest family photo where Sara is looking at you.