- On Monday/Tuesday Iffy, Sara and I went to Odessa for doctor appointment fun, and we spent the night. Iffy and I went to the eye doc and got new glasses. I am SO blind without my glasses that I really can't even make out the big E on the chart. The eye doctor nurse (is that what they are??) who was doing my pre-doctor tests sounded amazed and in a state of total disbeleif when I said I couldn't really make it out. ( you can't see that?!?!) No. Get over it, and let me put my glasses back on! Here's my new specs: (taken with the crappy little internet cam)

-Later that day, in the afternoon, I went to see the perinatal doctor who took over my care when I was diagnosed with pre-e. I wanted to find out what kind of tests they do on women who have had it, what they are looking for and how it might be dealt with in subsequent pregnancies. The afternoon ended with them taking 13, count 'em THIRTEEN, vials of blood from me. They test for auto-immune issues that cause your body to not recognize your placenta and start attacking it, and some other stuff as well. But the doc said given my records and history he doesn't really think anything will come of it. But I figured what the hell, it can't hurt. If anything does turn up it can be treated next time around. Plus it's always good to know as much about your body as you can, right? Sara was at her cutest while at the docs office, and they took a picture of us to add to their "babies they have taken care of" book. Does everybody but me see the the resemblance here? Because I still really don't see it...
Iffy and I were having flashbacks the entire time we were at the doc office, and then at the hospital when I went to have my blood drawn. The smell of the soap, the smell of the hallway, having to sit in the admitting room to get my labwork done, was all reminescent of worse times. We were glad to get the hell out of there. And as we left we noticed that there were two poor souls living in RV's in the parking lot. And actually we envied one of the parking spots, it was much better then where we were parked because it wasn't in between the generator and the oxygen tanks!
On Monday evening, as dinner approached and we were finishing up our thirteen hour day, Iffy and I had a momentary lapse of good judgement , probably caused by our hunger induced delerium. We thought it would be a good idea to go out to eat at 7 pm with a increasingly tired baby who had been in a car, lap, chair or carrier all day. This turned out to not be a good idea. We went to Red Lobster, I had crab legs so my hands were occupied, and I didn't want to touch Sara's food with shellfish hands, just in case (though it all comes out in the milk so it wouldn't have mattered I guess). We were THOSE people. The ones you see when you don't have kids and you think "poor people, I am glad I am not trying to eat out with a baby". It became a race to see how quick we could eat and get the heck out of there before the total melt down occured.
The day has finally come, the plywood corral ain't cutting it anymore. When placed in there Sara makes a face alot like this:
usually it is accompanied by whining and crying too. So she spends most of her time as a free range baby these days. Which leads to a lot of this:
(you may notice that she is chewing on my notes for my bat flight program). I am tired of continually stopping her from pulling books off the shelf, so today I moved everything up:
At one time in our lives we had our shelves arranged like this to keep the dogs from chewing things up. Now we are protecting our things from a crawling critter of a different variety.
The crawling critter is demanding my attention, so I must go.
Adios for now
3 comments:
The glasses look good.
As far as the bookshelves go, we left the books in the shelves and put beautiful plexiglass over them. Same with the electronics by the tv. We encased everything in plexiglass. It was so fabulous, wish you could have seen it.
plexiglass is an awesome idea. better than plywood.
I can't see the big E either! (My vision is 20/400 uncorrected.) I like the new glasses. Hmm, those bat books look familiar.
Post a Comment