I did not get a hold of the doctors office before I left because it was before nine. I figured that I would call them on the road to let them know I was coming in.
I had to stop for gas in Study Butte on my way out of the park. I pulled into the gas station and every one of the three of four functioning pumps had a line of one or two cars waiting. The guy in front of me finished pumping his gas and then decided that it would be a good idea to just go in and do his shopping while leaving his car there hogging up valuable pump space that he was not using. When I finally got to the pump I discovered that the card reader was not working, so I had to take Sara out of the car, go inside, leave my card there, come back out, pump gas, take Sara out of the car AGAIN to go in and pay. (No I am not leaving her in the car)
Then when I went in to pay, some jerk tried to cut in front of me to buy his beer. It was not even ten olock in the morning yet mind you, and he had a certain aroma of alcohol already drifting off his body.
All this time I had been trying to call the doctor, and was getting no answer. This is not necessarily THAT strancge, as there have been times that I know that they are open, but I get a busy signal, or the machine, or no one answers. But as I thought about it, I realized that yesterday was a weird day. Even though it is NOT A HOLIDAY!!!! doctors offices apparently don't think they need to be open, because the Odessa pediatrician wasn't around either. I finally did get a hold of someone at another number who told me that they were in fact closed yesterday. But by then I had already decided not to do the 100 mile drive, because I had correctly assumed that they were closed.
Yesterday also I got a new toy; a new camera. It is a Nikon Coolpix. Unfortunately it was NOT delivered by Ashton Kutcher, just the FedEx guy.

The software it came with has a cool panorama making program, so I will be playing around with that today. In the meantime, here are some Sara pics. You can kinda see the spots on her face.

1 comments:
Ugh, that's what sucks about living in the boonies. No one bothers to be open (and customer service is non-existent, but that's another discussion.) OH, and I HATE it when people leave their car at the pump and go inside when there are people waiting! Bastard!
Post a Comment