This "letter to the editor" was in the Odessa online newspaper this morning. I use quotes because no self respecting reputable newspaper would have actually printed this due to its idiocy, ignorancy and over all stupidness. Here it is:
My U.S. flag was getting a little tattered, so my sister gave me a new one. However, I'm a little hesitant to put it up, due to the upcoming election. It appears that B. Hussein Obama has a slight edge in the polls (if you can believe them) and very well may be our next president.
In that case, I would like to be in the forefront of the new age and be one of the first in Odessa to fly our new national flag. I am in somewhat of a quandary as to which Arab (Muslim) nation's flag I should fly. Is there one Arab (Muslim) nation that is predominant, or is there a Muslim flag that will represent all Arab (Muslim) nations?
If only we had a mosque in Odessa, I could get this information firsthand, by observing what flag it flies. Well, maybe soon ...
Maybe if Odessa had a mosque there wouldn't be such ignorant a-holes in Odessa if they were exposed to other cultures besides west Texas (which is not a culture and as a whole has no culture) Maybe if this jerk looked at a map or knew anything about the outside world he would know that there are in fact lots of countries that are mostly Muslim, and that religion and countries are not the same thing.
Man I hate west Texas sometimes. I once read a letter to the editor in the Carlsbad paper that wasn't much better, maybe I'll look for it and share it with you.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally agree.
Man, I think you should write a follow up "letter to the editor" stating exactly what you just said. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if that would actually get printed? My guess is NOPE.
~Amy
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We have an Obama sign in our yard, but we were actually scared to put it up and didn't do it for a few days for fear of retribution (Jason's patrol truck was paint-balled the other night, and has also been egged.) Although there is a McCain sign down the road that someone spray painted a swastika on, so apparently the idiocy goes both ways.
Post a Comment