Even though my dearest sister will make fun of me for writing letters (i.e I'm gonna be the old lady writing letters when the cafeteria soup is too cold...) here's another topic that needed to be addressed: the power pole behind my house. Don't you think it looks rather sketchy?
Using my fence posts as a reference, you can see that the pole is very clearly tilting downhill towards the house quite a bit.
The other thing I do not like about the whole set up is the proximity of electric cables to the roof and the ground. As another point of reference, if i am standing on the raised grass area, the roof of the patio is at my forehead level. That electric cable is not that much more above. Also the entire roof is METAL, so if the cable were to get to the point of touching it, it would basically be a big ole field of electricity, right? And if a kid found a big long stick and was waving it around it is quite possible that it could easily touch that cable.
A while back there was a guy from the electric company making the rounds and I pointed this out to him. He said "oh it's OK, there's a cable holding up the pole." Right. The cable. Here it is
I realize this picture makes it look like the cable is coming out towards you in front of the bush. Not so, it is actually on the left side of the pole. But regardless, it is NOT in anyway pulling the pole back against the way it is tilting. It is basically not doing anything to help prevent it from falling over.
So anyways, I emailed these pictures to the Alpine area office of the Rio Grande Electric Coop today. The guy wrote back and said someone would come out and take a look next week. I'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile here is a cute Caroline picture.
1 comments:
If you don't get any response from the power company you should contact the park. This is an employee safety issue.
Post a Comment