Friday, February 19, 2010

clothing optional


Sara doesn't really care much for her clothes these days. As soon as they get wet/dirty/sticky or just for the hell of it, she takes them off. Sara being clothed is very low on my list of priorities. As far as I am concerned if she's naked, or at least bottomless, it makes the potty training that much easier. Iffy, however, will drop what he's doing to go put pants on her as soon as they come off. Dads are weird.

So today I had a strong urge to get the hell out of the house, so I thought, "hey, I can go to the lodge for lunch, just me and the kiddos. It'll be fine." Ha ha. We ate outside, so that was helpful, but (and you will laugh when you hear this) I thought it might be RELAXING. Yep I said it. go ahead and laugh. I would. What was I thinking? Caroline was fine, sleeping and quiet until the food came, then she went into "scream til I am placed on a boob" mode. Sara spent alot of time crawling around on the ground under the table. Fine. Whatever, at least she was quiet. But then when it was time to go she decided that her legs didn't work and she had to lay down on the entry mat in the lobby of the lounge. So there I am trying not to be one of those moms who yell non stop at their kid in public, people are walking in and having to step around the two year old on the floor, I've got Caroline in the other arm, and I am trying to pick Sara up off the floor. Argh! Sara's listening to her mom skills need some work

That's about all that's new around here. I'm gonna skedaddle, but here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Sara woke up from a nap the other day WAY to early. She fell asleep again on daddy. So cute.
Fluffy post-bath hair and greasy no shower in two days hair.
Yesterday we walked to the store. It takes quite some time to walk the half mile when you have to stop and pick up every rock along the way.
Cute Caroline

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

Ahhh HAA! I'm totally laughing at Sara loosing the use of her legs at the lodge. Suddenly when the potential for embarrassment is greatest she decided to turn into a drama queen. I once grabbed the hood on Lucas's sweatshirt and dragged him out of a barns and nobles while carrying Nick because his legs failed to function.

gretchen said...

I was sure you were going to say you went to lunch and she was crawling aroung under the table and came out with no clothes. You are amazing, I don't know how you mom's do it!