Saturday, February 20, 2010

a glimpse of spring

Today was really nice. Like, open the doors and clean in the garage nice. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I think winter might be over. Finally.

I know you northerners are saying "what the hell are you talking about, it's only February"
That may be, but here in Texas, we don't take too kindly to cold weather.

So to welcome the warm weather, I cleaned out my little corner of the garage while Sara ran around in the front yard and I brought the baby swing outside so she could swing in the sunshine. I have been on a cleaning house and selling crap on eBay kick lately. I've made about 200 bucks by selling stuff that I would otherwise just plop on the free bench in Terlingua. Anyways, I was cleaning my glass corner of the garage so as to unearth a slumping mold I bought way back when that needs to go. I was having a blonde moment when I bought it. It is a 12 inch square platter mold (i.e 12in x 12in). I bought it to go into my 12 inch DIAMETER kiln. Apparently I was sick that day in 4th grade geometry. A 12 inch square does not fit into a 12 inch circle. DUH. Anyways, I got it at a big discount from a place that was going out of business. So I can't return it, but I think if I log on to warmglass.com I can sell it on their board. It's pretty active, and since I got a discount on it to begin with, I can probably get most of my money back.

And on the knitting front, I am still plodding along on my second sock. I hate the second sock. So to take a break, I decided to recycle a sweater for the first time. I have this 100% wool sweater laying around that I don't like, so I rippped, ripped, ripped until I had many many balls of yarn waiting to be made into something better.

So I went on to Ravelry to look through their vest patterns (I don't want to risk running out of yarn, so I'm gonna do a vest not another sweater). When I logged on they were inviting me to vote for the 2009 Bobby awards, including such categories as most unusual project, best toy, best use of color, geekiest, etc etc. And look at what I found!

Totally not a vest, but something I definately need to make.

I'm gonna get going, I think Iffy probably wants the computer.
talk to ya!
here's your pictures

Cuteness in the stroller

A super fun time can be had by putting about an inch of water in the bottom of the recycling basket and then walking over to the dirt patch to get some rocks to throw in. Sara can speak from personal experience.

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

That frog project would be really cool!!

mom said...

really nice pic of mom and caroline, and when I first glanced at those gray shapes in the first picture and with talk of the garage, I thought, what? a band of havelinas?