Wednesday, March 3, 2010

just a little bit of bitching

WARNING: the following is too much information about my kid's bowel movements and other such info. If you don't care about this, I will not be offended if you come back another day when the topic is more interesting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day started out well enough. Good actually. We went down to playgroup and had a fun time and a good lunch. But when we got back home it started going down hill.

Sara slept in the car, so no nap at home, which means no naptime for Mommy. She's been pretty fussy this afternoon as a result. In addition to the no nap fussiness, I have the no poop fussiness to deal with as well. Sara's been irregular lately due to potty training. Peeing in the potty-not a problem, she's a regular pro at that. Not so with the other business. As a result she holds it in for a day or two til it becomes hard and painful. Then she runs around all day pulling at her butt, saying "ick ick ick" and crying/fussing. I finally gave her a suppository today. It worked.

I would rather load her up on fruit than use a suppository, but its that time of the year when there is not much fruit in my house. You would understand if you saw what I had to choose from in Alpine. Bottom of the barrel. And frozen blueberries, while a favorite at one time, are no longer being eaten well around here.

Reason number 2 I am grumpy: I am making cornish hens for dinner today. There are TWO, one for me and one for Iffy. (Sara will just pick off ours, dont worry, we do feed her). He is getting home at 7:30, a little later than I would rather eat, but I can wait. Anyways, he just came home and ate "lunch" at 5:30. WTF is that?? That is called dinner. Is he even going to eat the cute little bird I am making? Probably not. Or if he does it wont be with me. It will probably be by picking at it at 9 pm.

ok, I'm done venting.

5 comments:

joanne said...

wel, he did eat with me. However they were not as fantastic as I thought they might be

Amy M said...

Have you tried dried prunes? Coop really likes them and I try to give him a couple a day (more if he's having problems).

Mmmmm, cornish game hens. That sounds TASTY!!!

Mom said...

I remember when Joanne was "holding".

joanne said...

Amy- prunes might work, but they are located 110 miles from my house.
but I'll look in Terlingua, i'm going there Saturday

Kristin J said...

Prune juice too. Get the unfiltered kind so she gets the fiber.

If you really want to feel like a giant next time cook quail. : )