I carried Sara up the mountain, and she slept pretty much the whole time. It must be hard being a baby! It's a fairly easy hike, though it's labeled moderate. It's 4.8 miles round trip with a 1250 foot elevation. It ends at the top of an escarpment with a spectacular southern view into Mexico.
Maybe one of these days I will learn that I live in a desert and I need to wear sunscreen a little more religiously when I go for a hike because as usual I am sitting here with a very warm red face and arms. But never fear, Sara was protected.
After our hike we had lunch at the lodge and I came home to work more on my cave lanterns stained glass project. Hopefully I will have something to show you all on Tuesday or thereabouts.
2 comments:
That looks like a fun trail - when I was in Big Bend the only ones I did were Emory Peak & one that was by the river. You are like my mom role model! That is so cool that you carried Sara up the trail.
Yo white girl:
You need to be putting on some spf!!!
You're going to be all wrinkly and crackly come 10 more years if you don't start protecting your skin now.
as for your baby, she's probably got enough genetically inherent spf (thanks to the Khan side) not to have to worry about here too much.
WEAR SUNBLOCK!!!
Post a Comment