Friday, September 12, 2008

Do not be alarmed...

Is everyone else out there getting these stupid phone calls too? The ones with the recorded message that comes on and tells you "DON'T BE ALARMED! But your interest rates on your credit card account are about to rise!" I HATE these calls.

  • First of all, if they call and wake up my sleeping baby one more time I don't know what I am going to do.
  • Second of all I have registered my number with donotcall.gov, so why are they calling me anyways?
  • Thirdly, I pressed "1" once to tell them to take me off their list, and they hung up on me!!!
Bastards! I guess they must really think the American public is dumb. I wish I had a way of knowing who the hell they were so I could report them to whoever is in charge of fining these jerks. Ahh, telemarketers, what a miserable existence.

Anyways, I got some feedback from the cave on the lanterns. The sup called me today and said that so far it seems like everyones favorites are the roadrunner and the ocotillo, and ironically enough the cave formations are coming out on the bottom. Which is fine by me. The fused ones are way easier and quicker for me to make. Its funny though, the ocotillo was one of my least favorites. Just goes to show that just because I don't like something, doesn't mean that it won't be liked by others. However, I still stand firm that I will never make a kokopelli!

In the kiln now, I am experimenting with fusing a bunch of scraps together in a circle mold, which will then most likely be slumped into a plate. Hopefully it all comes out well. I am using scraps of plain old stained glass, not fusible glass. But they are colors that have been tested compatible before, so it should be ok. It's about 11 1/2 inches in diameter and is three and a half layers of scraps. Here's what it looks like before fusing:

I'll stick a picture up here tomorrow of what it looks like after fusing.

That's about all. Sara is being a fuss butt, so I am going to go and pay her some attention. Here's some pictures. The onesie she is wearing has been in the clothing pool since March and she still fits into it. Crazy.

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

Those calls pissed me off one too many times. After talking to a real person and demanding to know what company he worked for, he too hung up on me. So with the next call I played it cool. I acted like I wanted to get lower rates, and started asking all sorts of questions, like: how did you get my info? What is your company name? What city is your company in? Etc. The guy said that it was confidential information (the headquarters of the company!) and I then started yelling. I couldn't help it. I said that if they have all this info on me then I should have info on them. Why would I want to give them info if I had no idea who they were yada yada yada. He finally agreed to personally take me off of the calling list - and I haven't had a call since.

My advice - start yelling - very aggressively. I seems to work. Now one wants to mess with a sleep-deprived agressive mother.

Sarah said...

Actually, I wanted to comment on your table - is that your kitchen table with the tiles on top? If so, I love it! I looks almost exactly like the back splash I titled in our kitchen.