so that you and your sweetheart can hold hands and stay warm, for those that need to hold hands at all times.On a related note, while searching for the SNL commercial that advertised the toilet for two, I came across this actual product. It is called a TwoDaLoo
You will be further aghast to learn that this retails for 1400 dollars and you can buy an upgraded version that comes with a 7" LCD television screen and an iPod docking station. For those couples that really want to spend that much time together on the toilet. At least if their hands get cold they can use a smitten to keep warm.But anyway, back to my original topic. My socks.
Due to my love of wearing flip flops for as much of the year as possible, I decided that I should have some socks that would allow me to extend their use for an extra month or so. Hence the flip flop sock.
I had them almost all done last November, but then Sara came along and I never really finished them. But yesterday I was going through my stash because it is time to make Sara a hat for the approaching cool weather and I decided it was time to finish the socks. I had just one big toe to knit up and then the weaving in of the loose ends. Some of you may recognize the yarn as it was used to make a hat for Sara back in her early days.
Speaking of Sara hats, I made this one a while back, and it also was in a state of being 95 percent done. So I finished it yesterday too. I made in on regular needles so that it was one big triangle that needed to be stitched up the side to turn it into a hat. It was way too big when I made it and alas, it is still to big. Sara doesn't seem to care for it either...
whatever I make for her this year will have to have earflaps and straps to tie it onto her head and make it unremovable by her.
I was going to start on her hat yesterday, but my double pointed size 8 needles are nowhere to be found, so I will have to pick some up in town tomorrow.
Adios
3 comments:
That's a great idea for socks - it reminds me of the ones they have in Japan for wearing with traditional sandals. Don't you just love knitting socks?
Maybe when its really cold out Sara won't be tempted to pull her hat off.
Have you joined Ravelry.com? It basically pulls together every knitting pattern every, so its really easy to find new patterns.
I like the toilets. Fancy. I'm going to look for a house with that baby so that AJ and I can spend some quality time together.
And those smittens. . .there just aren't enough words. Maybe I can convince AJ to wear a smitten with me as a demonstration of love.
Jo,
You kill me. Love your posts, especially a possible sneak look into Sara's future. Pass your date of arrival out my way so we can see you.
Post a Comment