It's getting colder, possible snow tonight. Maybe we will have a white Christmas here in Big bend. Maybe, but I wont hold my breath.
The current drama is that Oscar is sick, and perhaps has a fungal infection that has spread to the point that it is making him limp and not put any weight on his rear right leg. Last week and this week again Iffy went into town to the vet. Last week Oscar was tested for a fungal infection, but the results are not back yet. But two days ago we noticed the limping, which was a new development, so Iffy went back into Alpine to get an antifungal prescription. It could be any of a few fungi that are native to the area, and are found in the dirt/bird droppings/other droppings. Oscar would have breathed it in, and then (especially in dogs with weakened immune systems which the parvo he had as a puppy may have left him with) it can spread into the lungs and even the bones causing weight loss, loss of apetite, lameness, etc etc. Those three are things that Oscar is showing. But the limping was not as bad today. I'm not too worried about it though, Oscar likes to run up vet bills that end up being nothing.
Tomorrow for Christmas eve we are having some friends over for dinner and will be eating curry. No pickled herring over here (that's the traditional Polish thing to eat on christmas eve).
And on Christmas I plan on not getting out of my pajamas and watching A Christmas Story too many times. I can't wait til Sara gets legos or something like that that requires putting together. Then I can spend Christmas putting her little houses together.
Here are some pictures.
I sat Sara down with paints today. Notice the paint beard. She had a good time making a mess.
2 comments:
It's funny how big Sara now looks compared to Caroline. Suddenly she went from being the baby to being the toddler!
The picture of them laying together is amazing. Look at how much growth happens in just two short years!! It always blows my mind to think about it!
"Crazy cat baby" - HA! Perfect. Hopefully everything is ok with Oscar - it's always something, isn't it? I hope you guys have a great Christmas - we got your card yesterday, thanks! (I haven't even written mine yet...)
Post a Comment