
has arrived! She was born at 7:59 am on Friday morning weighing in at 6 lbs 6 oz.
As predicted, I got little sleep on Thursday night. It was one of those nights where you think, "did I even sleep? I'm not sure..." if I did it was somewhere between 11 and 2, and probably not that whole time.
We got to the hospital at 5:30 am, and they put me in the gown and hooked me up to an IV. As we were in the room waiting for surgery, we were watching tv and "18 kids and Counting" was on. I was VERY glad that I was not doing this for the 18th time. That lady is crazy.
I was freaking myself out about the surgery much more this time than before. The OR was freezing cold, I was shivering uncontrollably while they were doing the spinal. The anesthesiologist (that word is too hard to spell) was yammering on about his time in Big Bend, chatting me up trying to put me at ease I guess, but the spinal took longer then the last time, I kept feeling gross twingy nervy feelings in my legs. Ick. I had told the doc I wanted to see the placenta, but when the moment came, and I heard them talking about it, I told 'em forget it. I felt like if I saw it I would have passed out at that particular moment.
I was getting so frustrated by Friday evening after a day of being on meds and talking like a drunk person. I was trying to tell one of the nurses something and I had to form and reform the sentence about three times before it all came out right.
I had no patience for the regimented feeding schedules of the nursery and the hospital. No one, not even newborns, eat every three hours, on the hour. And if you want to know when I last fed her, put a freakin clock in the room!
But I'm "home" now, all is well. Sara was excited to see me, I felt bad that I couldn't pick her up. It was super cute to see her meeting Caroline. But as expected, the novelty wore off after about ten minutes and she was running around like a crazy person again. Seeing the two of them together, by the way, is the only time I have said "wow, Sara is huge!"
Thanks to my mom for coming out and staying with Sara while Caroline was born. It was much easier knowing that Sara was in good hands while her mommy and daddy were busy.
Here are some pictures. I'm going to go change a tiny tiny diaper on a tiny tiny butt!
The last pregnant picture.

Caroline has "finger toes" They are freakishly long



Lest we not forget the other one, Sara on her last night with only child status
3 comments:
Yay!!!! 6lbs, 6oz - she's HUGE (well, at least compared to Sara). Congrats! You all are going to have a lot of fun together.
Congrats! I'm glad everyone is "home" and doing well. What a wonderful family of 4, well 6 with the doggies :)
I'm so happy for you guys I can hardly stand it. I was thinking about you guys (especially you) all weekend and couldn't wait to see Caroline. Thanks for posting! Hola Caroline. So nice to meet you. Welcome to the world and welcome to your family!!!!!
Post a Comment