Wednesday, December 2, 2009

more than meets the eye

Yesterday, as we were folding up our dinner table, my mom stopped me in mid-fold and pointed out the fact that it looked like a slide. Voila! A new toy was born. This is what we do to entertain ourselves in Odessa.

The weather is super crappy around here the past few days. Misty, rainy and cold (west texas cold... i.e 45-50's) There have not been too many trips to the park or the ducks.

I am doing well, and at this writing I have about 45 hours til Caroline will emerge! I can't beleive that I will be holding a full term normal size baby in such a short time. It has been a long road, with a few false alarms along the way, but overall (in retrospect) things have been good. My blood pressures have been back down to good, I don't know what was going on last week that made me get admitted. Just a fluke I guess. But better safe than sorry.

So Iffy and I are going to leave Sara with grandma and ..... go out to eat dinner tonight! at a normal restaurant...with no high chair involved! how exciting. It will be our last meal together in a long time, so figured we might as well do it now. I don't want to go out and have a big meal tomorrow the night before sugery. Maybe we might even be SO crazy as to go see a movie too! Who knows.

here's a Sara picture, showing off her new camera face. talk to you all later.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

I love the slide idea and the pic of Sara. It will be so fun to see her little sister! Hope all is uneventful, in the best way possible, for the next couple of days and enjoy dinner!

Kristin J said...

We went out for the first time in a long time just the two of us and it was really strange to be able to have an uninterrupted conversation with my husband. I hope you two enjoyed yourselves!