Wednesday, October 29, 2008

this and that..

It's getting to be that time of year when I am hit with the overwhelming urge to get crafty and start making Christmas gifts. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I have decided what I am going to do, but alas, I can't say anymore, or many of my readers would not be surprised when December rolls around.

Other things that have been going on...

I am feeling overwhelmed by clutter lately. I feel like there is nowhere to set anything down in our house, and the computer desk is especially bad. I have started a large scale attack on the miscellaneous crap laying around. Much of this involved sorting through papers, which then led to the cleaning out of the file cabinets (do I still need pay stubs from 2005? I think not), putting various pictures back in albums, etc etc. Lots of tedious stuff that makes a difference on a small scale, but not so much on a large scale. It still looks cluttered.

Also, in preparation for when we start to let Sara out of her plywood pen, I am moving everything up a shelf or two. This also requires condensing and finding homes for now displaced things. The problem with this sort of work is that it tends to create more messes. It causes me to become very sidetracked and start doing something else when I am not even done with what I was originally doing. But it needs to be done.
Sara has been expanding her palette of foodstuffs. She has had meat a few times, lentils, cottage cheese, prunes, those Gerber puffs (which she loves and so do I because they keep her occupied), cheese, cauliflower and the teeniest little taste of ice cream (Daddy did that). I broke down and bought the Gerber jar of meat yesterday. She liked it, but I am fundamentally opposed to serving it. A little jar labeled "turkey and rice dinner" could be found either in the baby food aisle or the dog food aisle. Sara is not a dog. I wouldn't eat a jar of meat so I don't really want to feed it to her either.

We're headed up to Odessa on the 17th-18th. That's right, we're spending the night, no 8 hours in the car, hooray! Sara's got her 12 month doc appointment and I made eye doctor appointments for Iffy and myself as well. Also I finally made a preconception consultation with the perinatal guy who took care of me when I was diagnosed with pre-e. This DOES NOT MEAN that being pregnant again is something that we are thinking about anytime soon. (don't get too excited grandma!). I just want to have it done and out of the way now. First we meet with a genetics counselor and then the doc. As far as I can tell from my readings online and what not, they test you for a number of underlying conditions and disorders that might make you prone to pre-e and then treat you with meds during pregnancy to help stave off preeclampsia. Right now there is not a single ounce of my being that wants to be pregnant again. This does not mean that I don't want another one. It simply means that I don't want to be pregnant right now.

That's about it for now. I've gotta go, I feel a migraine coming on, and I need to stop looking at the computer (and Sara just woke up)

Here are some pics from our trip into town yesterday.

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

I agree about the meat in a jar. I have a strict rule: I don't feed the kids food I wouldn't eat myself. Some of those jared meats aka "dinners" and veggies are nasty. I just feed them whatever we are having for dinner. Stick it in a blender and serve. Yummy and cheap!

Kristin J said...

Wait. . . ??? You're pregnant???

Ha ha just playing.