Thursday, October 23, 2008

homeowners

Well, it's officially ours. The check has cleared, and the keys are on their way. Hooray! This is where the cabin is located; http://maps.yourgmap.com/v/n_10r_cabin.html

In the end the sellers knocked a few thousand more off the price to cover the cost of necessary repairs. According to the inspector, the electricity was not safe at all. It was set up as if the house was an RV plugged into the electric pole. So that's the first thing we are having done. Also, there are some wooden beams under the porch that need to be replaced. Other that those things it is in great condition, and everything else can be repaired by us.
Here are some pictures. If you have already seen them, sorry. Close your eyes!

This is the view from the front porch. We technically overlook the area where the creek flows into the lake, that's why the body of water looks so small and far away. Now that we have this place by the lake, I think we are going to sell the RV and buy a boat.

The place has a lot of light coming in which I really like.

AND..it comes completely furnished with the awesome red furniture. I guess it's not all that bad. But I don't like couches with wooden arms. Not good for laying on. But the cushions on the couch were not a factor in the purchase.

What was a factor though, was the really nifty wallpaper in the bathroom. I think we're going to have to leave this there. But, I think that binoculars will have to be left next the the toilet so that sitters will be able to read the comics all the way over by the bathtub. The toilet by the way is a composting toilet. We got the instructions for it yesterday. It says that it has to be emptied every sixty days. But I guess if we only spend a week at a time there, we won't have to empty it all that often.
In other change of location news, Sara has officially moved out of our room as of two nights ago. Her crib is in her room and there it shall stay. But it has not been all that earth shattering of a change just yet. The day she moved out, I essentially spent the night on the twin bed in her room. Then last night with news that the temps were going to drop down to the 30s and a heating system that is currently broken, we brought her into our bed to stay warm. The heat is scheduled to get fixed today, so maybe tonight will be different.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great wallpaper! I once saw something similar but with postcards, which I thought was cool. Congrats on being homeowners, you're going to have a lot of fun at that cabin.

Kristin J said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a great place to escape to. . . it looks so peaceful. I also like how much light it has. Congratulations!!