Friday, July 11, 2008

new kicks



We've had this little pair of red shoes for a while, and now they finally fit Sara. They look mighty cute too I must say! Sara has been gracing us with a full night of sleep for the past few nights. Let's hope this sticks around for a while.





I am fusing my first plate as we speak. It's a three day process. Yesterday I "tack-fused" the pieces together (picture above). Then I flipped it over and it is currently in the kiln as we speak to fully fuse it into one layer. Supposedly if you fuse it upside down you can maintain crisp lines in the design. Three days for one plate...I need a bigger kiln.


Yes, there is a crack in the white. I am assuming that it will repair itself during this next fuse. But if not, I will fill it in with some frit (powdered glass). Check back tomorrow for a picture of the next phase.


5 more days til vacation! Hooray.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 days in the kiln...how does that affect your electric bill?

Anonymous said...

yes I love the shoes!