Just a few highlights from today..
I went to the hospital today to do my weekly lab work. As I was walking in, another more pregnant looking girl was walking out. She had the arm end of the IV stuck in her and taped to her forearm. I can only guess that she was just killing time waiting for her labor to progress. Anyways, as we passed each other, she asked me if I had a lighter. One pregnant lady asking another for help to smoke her cigarette. Sadly I could not hook her up with a lighter, as I have given up smoking and switched over to heavy drinking during this pregnancy. Unbelievable.
After the excitement of the days medical outing, we were bored and didn't really know what to do. Iffy suggested that we go walk around Wal-Mart "for fun", I suggested Sam's Club because I thought it would be "more exciting" How sad is that. We ended up at Sams Club and got a gallon of milk. There are not many people in Sams Club with less than a shopping cart full of stuff, so when you have only three things to buy, it kinda sucks to have to stand behind all the jumbo sized shopping carts.
Halloween was uneventful around here. I didn't even dress Sara up or anything. If we were still at the park we would have gone trick or treating just for the social opportunity, but Sara does not actually need the candy so we sat it out this year. Next year will be more fun.
Here are a couple pictures. talk to you later
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They must be heading to one serious cook out. I do believe I also see your cute belly in this shot too :). Sara made the right choice on chosing the hot dog truck. Seeing space isn't nearly as rewarding as a juicy hot dog would be.
I feel your pain with the difficult decision about whether to go to Sam's or Walmart for more excitement. That is how I spent all seven years in Carlsbad. Did you sample any good food at Sam's though? That is always a highlight for me.
We never pump quarters into the rides either and the kids don't seem to care. Maybe those dudes with the charcoal are having a "cow roast" instead of a pig roast. Isn't everything bigger in Texas?
Um, wow. Not only is she not self-conscious about smoking while pregnant, but she assumes other pregnant women smoke too. (Which may be a correct assumption in Odessa.) Or maybe she just figured that since she was in labor it didn't matter anymore? If nothing else, Texas will be good for a lifetime of shocking stories!
Post a Comment