We were looking for something fun and exciting to do today, so we started the day off by going to the Odessa public library. They were showing a free movie in the kids department: Curious George goes to the Doctor. It was really a dumb movie, or rather three short films. But Sara sat and paid attention in the dark room to the big screen.
When that was over, we actually left after two of the episodes, we decided to go buy some bread and feed the ducks at the pond next to Albertson's and across the street from the mall. 88 cents later we were supplied with a cheap-o loaf of bread and we were off to the pond. Sara was a little freaked out to be surrounded by so very many birds all at once, but she liked watching them. And it was something to do to get us out of the house for a short while.
We've been taking advantage of the proximity of Blockbuster and the closeness of the grocery store. The other day I went to the store to buy a lemon. Just a lemon, that's all. The crazy things you can do when you don't live 110 miles from town.
All is going well. I got my H1N1 vaccine yesterday. Had my Friday doctor appointment, Caroline is doing fine in there. My blood pressures are down a little bit, which my doctor attributes to the fact that I am resting more now since Iffy is home and I don't have to run around after Sara. He has a point I'm sure. My protein was still over 300 mg, but not by much.
I'm not sure what sort of fun excitement is in store for us tomorrow. I had proposed going to the Midland "zoo" i.e PetSmart to look at fish and birds. Exciting huh?
Here are some pictures. Tata for now.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sara is sooooo very cute. She is dwarfed by the big water bottle. Adorable. And tickling herself - I mean, it really doesn't get much better than that. So sweet. I love the two year old age.
Post a Comment