
So, who's psyched for the Tejano Lowrider Classic? It's going on this weekend at the Ector County coliseum. I guess all the dog costumes and resin crosses have been cleared out after the Merry Marketplace festivities of last week and jumping cars have moved in.
This annual event was first brought to our attention when Sara was born. I beleive it was going on the weekend after her birth when my parents came down to visit. I joked then that we should go, it would be SOMETHING to do. Then again last year, perhaps we were up here for a doctors appointment or something around that time, and I saw the signs for it. I begged Iffy to take me, but nooo, he didn't want to go.
Once again, I think I will be let down by my man, who still does not want to go see a bunch of gaudy cars jumping up and down displaying their killer hydraulic systems. Oh well, better luck next year I guess.
3 comments:
I would want to go!! The nice paint jobs and all the modifications! Ahhhh, it sounds neat. If nothing else you could go to appreciate good workmanship. . . . that's why I'd go.
If it was a jeep show, Iffy would totally be going. So not fair. You poor deprived girl :).
Do I see a lowrider stained glass piece in your future????
If it makes you feel any better John didn't take me to the monster truck show this summer...I did not beg though :)
I overheard at in line at the grocery store that it had to end early because they all broke down to mechanical problems that could not be fixed. A bunch of inebriated unhappy folk because their show ended hours early....not a good thing.
Post a Comment