I am fine, don't worry.
But as I sat there today waiting, and waiting, one of the nurses came in and told me that it was a really crazy day, they were dealing with 4 emergencies, so that was why I was waiting. I had thought it was weird that I didn't hear the doctor's loud boisterous voice down the hall making his way room by room down the hallway. I didn't hear the other doctor either. I started thinking it was because they were giving bad news to someone in a closed room. Turns out I was right. When I finally heard them again in the hallway, they were talking about diaphragmatic hernias, and were followed closely by the sounds of a mother being wheeled down the hall crying her eyes out. I heard little snippets of talk of being flown to Dallas or Lubbock for surgery, I don't know how pregnant she was, whether it would be surgery in utero, or a premature delivery. Either way, what horrible news to get. When the doctor came in the room he told me they also had a woman whose water broke at 24 weeks. I don't know what happened, but thats not a good scenario either.
Sitting there in the midst of all that, made me feel so lucky to be where I am today. It brought back so many memories of the day I got bad news last time, granted my news was not NEARLY as bad as the news that those women received today. Pregnancy can be such a scary thing.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So true. You are very lucky and I'm sooooo excited for you guys. Hearing heartbreaking stories like that sure does make you appreciate things a lot more. I can't wait to see little Caroline!!!!
Stories like those make me hug my little ones tighter and longer. Call if you are bored sitting in the hospital!
Post a Comment