As of Friday we will be Odessans again for the duration of this pregnancy, how exciting.
We went up to the doc yesterday, did my labwork on Monday and my protein was over 300 again, 371 to be exact. Up from 316 the week before. This is really not that high, but it was the first time this go round that it was elevated 2 weeks in a row.
I could tell that the doctor was hemming and hawing about sending us back home, and was torn. We told him that we were ready willing and able to move up to Odessa, we were just waiting on an official medical reason to do so. He said that if he could start seeing me twice a week it would be better and keep me out of the hospital, where he might otherwise want to stick me to watch me. So we went with that option- the one that keeps me out of the hospital.
It is so strange to think that I am leaving on Friday, and the next time I come home I will have another baby with me! The infant car seat is already up there, I guess I will bring the bassinet too, the plan is to stay up there a week or so after she is born since we will just have to go up for that week old pediatrician appointment anyway. Hopefully it will all work out and there will be no NICU time for Caroline. The closer I get the more likely that is.
Here are some pictures of cuteness in the playground. Sara and Iffy spend alot of time here, it is across the street from the OB and hospital, and a better (i.e. less germy and no expensive medical equipment to climb on) place to hang out while I have my checkups/labwork done.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Northward ho!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a good plan especially if it will keep you out of the hospital. I love your pics and take care of yourself and the fam. Can't wait to hear about Caroline and see big sis helping you out. Just not to soon!
Please tell me you will have internet access! I want to be kept in the loop! I'm glad that you have had time to prepare to go to Odessa and that it isn't a complete surprise! I can't believe you are so close to the end of the pregnancy now. It has flown by (for me anyway). I'm guessing you are busy packing and cleaning and making all the last minute preparations. Is Iffy going to Odessa now too? If you are bored up there you can always call me :).
yes, we will have internet. thats the first thing I arranged for. Gotta have your priorities in line! and yes Iffy is going too, family leave starts now. just like i have to give up my dreams of having a "normal" birth, he has to give up his dreams of NOT spending half his leave time in Odessa.
Phew, I'm glad you have internet. That is a must! I'm also very glad that you don't have to stress about being so far from the hospital and whether or not you should stay or go. That was great planning on your part. Now you can just focus on your family and little Caroline's arrival. I'm sooooo excited for you three!!!!
Post a Comment