Wednesday, October 21, 2009

home away from home away from home

"Home away from home" is the cabin in NM...

Monday night was the first night we spent in our party pad in Odessa. Not too much partying took place actually. What can I say, it's a one bedroom apartment. The type of place you would live in when you are in college, not grown up with a kid, but for a short term it'll do, and it is MUCH better than an RV.

Sara-proofing was rather easy since we had brought relatively little stuff with us. There were no poisonous chemicals stored under the sink, no pots and pans within Sara reach and no knick-knacks to be pulled off the shelves. There were however two really cool stools to climb up on, and a lampshade that didn't need to remain unripped and messed up.

I have already decided that there will be no crayons in the apartment as it is too hard to keep them off the wall. I actually looked at those special Crayola markers that only work on the special paper. They are kinda a rip off, and not something that I would normally buy, but I think they would be good in this situation.

For now we are staying there overnight on a weekly basis. We will probably make the move at 36 or 37 weeks (I will be 32 weeks on Friday). It's hard to say. My appointment on Monday yielded slightly high protein levels yet again, but doctor man didn't seem too concerned. When I asked him what he thought about a 39 week delivery, he said "lets just see what happens, I don't think you'll make it that long"

Quite honestly I wouldn't mind being there from now on. It's the dogs. Even though we do have people willing to watch them, imposing upon them for two months just because we want to is something I will not do, and I wouldn't expect them to take them for that long either, unless it was medically necessary.

Iffy would rather drive back and forth in one day. He says spending the night makes for two long days, and kills his weekend. To this I say, Suck it up. I have done my fair share of driving 500 miles round trip in one day, I hate it. There is no time for anything besides the doctor. You drive three and a half hours. Go to doc #1, lunch somewhere close (usually Subway) doc #2, hurry up go to the closest grocery store, and drive three and a half hours back home. I'm done. We're spending the night. This is not an ideal situation in anyone's book, but it is what it is. It's Big Bend life, besides it's only 7 more weeks.

So that's about all that's going on over here. Here's some pictures. Talk to you later.



Super fun stools. She climbs up via the back, and voila! up on the counter in no time. The stools spent our time there up on the counter.

French toast and stickers. What more could you need?

3 comments:

Kristin J said...

Not a bad place to kick up your feet! It will certainly take some stress out of your days if you don't have to rush home after every appointment.

That "baby" of yours is adorable.

Amy M said...

Excellent temporary solution. And I'm with you......doing Odessa in a day does not sound like fun at all.

Looks like Sara has made herself right at home bellying up to the bar. Atta girl!

Mom said...

why not lay the stools down and let her crawl through, maybe throw a sheet over them for a tunnel? Anyway I hope the apt is helping you get more rest. see you soon, but not too soon!