Second tidbit of news, we are now the proud leasers of a one bedroom apartment in Odessa for three months. It's the shortest term lease that a person can sign, and the three months together are less than a one month "corporate apartment" would cost. It's furnished, so all we will have to bring are some plates and cooking utensils, computer and a tv. It will be a place to stay every week when we go up there, and then for a few weeks leading up to Carolines arrival, and then when we have to go for postpartum checks for mom and baby.
Third exciting news bit is that we have three parties so far interested and willing to take on our dogs for a little while. This is one huge load off my mind. I figure between the three of them, we could divy up the responsibility, and they could each have them for a week or so.
Fourth, my appointment on Monday yielded protein values back down in the normal range. I am getting frustrated with my urine and its protein. Who ever thought I would be talking about this so much huh? I am also confused. The only thing different about this time and last time so far is that my blood pressures are better. That is because I am on medicine for it. Otherwise, everything else is the exact same as the circumstances that landed me in the hospital and living in my RV last time. So my big question now is, Why? What is so different about now? I saw the other doctor in the high risk practice on Monday. I felt like I didn't get a straight answer from him. He kinda danced around and never came right out and said " you have a mild case of preeclampsia" but that was the jist I got. Why did I not come right out and ask him? I don't know. These are things that you think of after the fact. But I will definately be asking these questions next week. He did tell me to stay horizontal as much as possible, which I have not been all that good about doing. Bad I know, but it's hard to rest in my own house. Too many distractions.
Finally, our tomatoes are still producing, and seem to have caught a second wind lately. The grashoppers are being held at bay by the friendly spiders (not the kind that set up home under your baby's crib) who are doing their best to keep my plants pest free.
Here are your pictures. Enjoy!
Friendly garden spider. There are at least ten of these guys living amongst the tomatoes.
When you run out of gel, just use syrup for that sticking straight up, hard crusty look.
5 comments:
Congratulations on your leased apartment. It must feel nice to have a place to crash instead of doing whirlwind trips to Odessa and back. And having a place to put the doggies is good too. Thank goodness for friends!
I'm sorry to hear about the job. But something better will come along I'm sure. Besides, moving with an infant can't be fun at all.
Cute pictures of Sara. She is very photogenic, even from behind. :)
So adorable! She will love that butt picture in about 12 years Mom! I am happy to hear you got a place in Odessa. That must make it so much easier for your weekly journey. Glad all your numbers are good and thanks again for the cuteness!
Sorry about the job. I know the feeling of wanting and then not getting. Without sounding cliche, everything happens for a reason. And the timing of the move sounded very stressful.
Sara looks cute as always. Cooper thinks she's cute too. He's checking out your blog with me and pointed to Sara and said 'baby'. Although, I think that might be what he calls the computer :).
Yay to your appartment and dog solution!! Two very important things not to have to worry about.
Too bad about the job. But, something will come along and you won't be stuck there forever - we all got out of Carlsbad eventually, didn't we? Your apartment seems like it will be much more comfortable than a trailer. I'm sure it is a huge load off your mind just to have the option of going there and not to have to worry about finding something at the last minute.
Big Bend IS far from everything, but it is still a much better place to be than Carlsbad!
Post a Comment