Today Iffy and I celebrate three years of marital bliss. I told him yesterday was the three year anniversary of the last good day of my life. Ha ha ha. We'll be going to Terlingua to the Starlight for dinner tonight.
We don't get each other anniversay gifts. Instead we have decided to establish a tradition wherein we buy something for the house on each anniversary. Just something small, a knick knack, picture, whatever. We had the idea on the first aniversary, also in Terlingua, but for whatever reason didn't find anything we wanted to get. Last year we got this snake carving:
What else is new aroung here...
- I made another Santa Elena Canyon stained glass piece yesterday as a going away gift for someone. I've got another commission lined up at the request of a woman I used to work with at the USDA in Chicago, oh so long ago.
- We watch alot of Spongebob Squarepants around here lately. Sara loves it. Anytime she sees a sponge or hears me say "sponge" or "square" she says "AY AY". It's from the opening song of the show.
- Last night Iffy and I were flipping through channels and happened upon "Open Water 2: Adrift" I never saw Open Water 1. But the sequel was horrible. Not horrible in terms of acting or directing, though it wouldn't win any Oscars for those either. But horrible in the sense that I couldn't watch it because it disturbed me so much. It was about a group of six friends who go sailing on a yacht in Mexico. They all jump overboard to go swimming and forget to put the ladder down, so they can't get back on the boat. The part that was so horrible was the fact that they had a little 3 month old baby who was left on the boat. I didn't watch much of it, but I know that in the end the people all died. Don't know what happened to the baby. It's just a movie, I know, but it still bothered me.
- I am currently reading "The Shipping News" I know that I saw that movie once a long time ago, but nothing is seeming familiar at all as I read the book. Perhaps the movie is very different. It's a really good book, and I will probably rent the movie again when I am done with it. However it's not making me want to move to Newfoundland. I wouldn't really want to live somewhere where a boat had to be my main form of transportation.
- As I have previously mentioned, I am working on a quilted wall hanging to put in my bedroom. I've got it all pieced together and am currently working on the quilting process. It is very slow going due to the fact that I can no longer sit down in my own house anymore without a little helper on my lap. Most of the time I don't mind, but when I am trying to eat, take my blood pressure or use the sewing machine, it is rather NOT helpful. I was going to post a picture of it, but my camera has just somehow mysteriously disappeared. So you'll just have to wait.
That's all that's new on the Texas front.
Adios for now
4 comments:
by the way, I mean our last anniversary spent in Big Bend, not our last anniversary:)
Phew, I was worried there :)....
Happy tres anos to you both! I can't wait to see what you end up buying this year. When you do, you'll have to share. Especially now that you've gotten us all excited about. I'll have you know (as you read on FB),your anniversary will forever stick in my mind as my GRANNYiversary now.
Open Water (the first one) was totally chilling, and actually good (not to spoil it, but)--you know how they always get saved in the end, sure. One expects it.
Well...
And no babies were traumatized in the first one.
That sounds exactly like the plot of Open Water 1. Yeah, they die in the end too. I thought it was just stupid and boring, watching people float in water for 2 hours and the camera bobbing up and down.
Happy Anniversary! Just remember to put the ladder down first.
Post a Comment