Friday, July 31, 2009

ten mice


Today as I was sitting down feeling little Caroline kicking around inside me, I thought about how amazing it is that a tiny little 11 oz creature can make such noticeable movements. Her little kicks have to make it through my uterus wall, fat (though of course there is hardly any of that) and the abdomen wall, along with any other internal parts that are in between. And they're strong enough now that if my hand is on my belly, my hand moves with the kick.

So I started wondering how much she weighed in comparison to a mouse. The answer is she is ten mice worth of baby. So I guess if there were ten mice running around inside me, I would probably think it not too strange that I could feel them. I would however wonder how the hell they got there. Sorry, it's late. I should be asleep.

On a less weird topic, I have started to be a better parent when it comes to Sara's dental health. Until recently I did not have a very good tooth brushing regimen in place. Bad I know. She's got a mouth full of teeth, and she uses them to eat food, so there is no reason that she shouldn't have been brushing them for a while now. So now I give her a toothbrush once or twice a day and let her chew on it for a while. I figure that's a good start. I'm not gonna use toothpaste yet. She wouldn't understand the concept of spitting it out. Anyways, she loves the toothbrush.


and p.s to you other bloggers out there. i got this new template from www.blogbulk.com. I got bored with the standard blogger ones.

1 comments:

Kristin J said...

Caroline is active a lot? That is so cool. I always loved that feeling.

Sara could use the baby toothpaste that they sell (you don't have to spit) or there is toddler toothpaste too that you don't have to spit. Her face expression with the toothbrush is sweet.

Love the template, I'm going to go look now. Thanks.