Sunday, July 26, 2009

it finally happened.

Last night was another bad sleep night. Iffy got called out at around 7 and was still not home when I went to bed around 11. I left the kitchen light on for him, read a little bit, and was probably asleep by 11:30. Later on (at 2:48 am to be exact) I woke up for one reason or another, and saw a weird flashing light in the backyard. Thinking that maybe it was the plug that the chest freezer uses shorting out or something I got up to investigate. Iffy was still not home. Turns out it wasn't the plug, it was the kitchen light (it's got some weird tube like lightbulb) shorting out and casting a strobe light out into the backyard. So I turned off the light, went back to lay down, and was maybe just starting to fall asleep again when Iffy came in at 3:45. I got up to say hi, get the scoop on what happened etc. And then was totally asleep again around 4:30.

On a seemingly unrelated note, Sara has started a new habit wherein she decides that she doesn't really want to be wearing her pants OR her diaper, so she takes them off. In the living room, in the bedroom, in her crib. Wherever the mood strikes.

So, now the two stories meet. I mention my sleepless night to give you an idea of how tired i was this morning. I was laying in bed at 8 am minding my own business, ignoring the fact that Iffy was getting ready to go to work, Sara was stirring and I would have to be getting up soon. I heard Iffy go into her room to get her. A moment later I heard him calling me with an odd tone in his voice. "Honey....Sara has no diaper on. And she took a big dump."

So this is what I got to deal with first thing in the morning. Aren't you jealous?

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

Oh boy. So far we have been lucky enough to avoid an episode like you just had. I'm hoping that she didn't finger paint as well . . .

Hang in there.

Mom said...

May be time to take advantage and put out the potty chair..... really.