Yesterday in Odessa was an extra special day in terms of boyfriends for me and girlfriends for Iffy. I refer to the especially white-trash type or otherwise undesirable sorts that you see in Wal-Mart, at gas stations, and just anywhere in general in Odessa. I say "white" trash, but the boy/girlfriends are not limited to caucasians, it is a equal opportunity position.
Wal-mart was especially extra special yesterday. Everywhere I looked there were very young girls with way too many kids for their age group. Women with way too much body to be wearing the minimal amount of clothing that they were. There was the lady wearing a sports bra as a t-shirt. There was an older man in the Little Debbie aisle, and he was in a motorized scooter. He had a woman my age with him helping him do his shopping, I overheard her saying "they are kinda like Ding-Dongs, but a little softer" as he reached for a box of chocolate cake things. I wish I had a Little Debbie personal shopping assistant.
In between doctors appointments we went to McDonalds for the purpose of getting Sara some chicken nuggets. Every single guy in there looked like he had just been released from prison for assault. It was boyfriends galore. I have never seen so many trashy looking guys in the same room in my entire life.
We also went to the playground in front of the hospital for a little bit to let Sara run around. While there we witnessed a little boy standing on the stairs leading up to the slide. He was probably about three or so. He lifted his leg like a dog and proceeded to pee. The urine was coming out of his shorts and going all over the stairs to the slide. Then he went down the slide and undoubtedly smeared his pee all over it. I steered Sara over to a less urine covered area of the playground to play. Where was his mom during this?? I don't know if it was his mom, but the woman who apparently was there with him and a couple other kids was talking on the cell phone not paying the least amount of attention to the kids. Also she fit many criteria for being a girlfriend for Iffy.
Does all this sound mean? I don't mean to be mean, but I'm just so sick of west Texas in so many ways. We live in a protective little island of normalcy in vast cultural wasteland. We need to get out of here. Iffy agrees.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh honey, there are perfect boyfriend and girlfriend candidates everywhere. You should come to some of the walmarts in east tn. Great people watching. Sometimes I forget that I'm there to actually shop.
I always want to believe the girls with the kids are merely (barely) minding their younger siblings, and the Little Debbie woman was on an outing with her dad from the nursing home...
Then low-class trailer trash America bops me in the head, again.
Stay mean.
get rid of the trash talk...no good for your blood pressure. really. mary
That Little Debbie thing is great. I think THAT should be your boyfriend. When you need him to keep quiet for a while you just hand him a box of Twinkies. . . . perfect.
Wow, I totally don't miss that at all! But, if you move to the city, you get to witness a whole other breed of crazy, like the homeless woman who screams at cars, or the woman who sits in the metro station creating elaborate sculptures out of torn newspaper.
Post a Comment