Today I got a phone call from my doctor (again) saying that they JUST NOW got the results of the 24 hour urine protein lab that I did on MAY 28TH!!!! (when I was not quite 11 weeks pregnant). Damn Alpine lab didn't send them until I called them yesterday to prod them along.
Anyway, turns out that my protein levels were kinda high - 259 gms. It should be under 150. And as a reference point, the day I was diagnosed with preeclampsia, it was 350ish.
What the hell?!
The textbook definition of preeclampsia is when this stuff shows up after the 20th week. Why is my protein high so early? I'm going to do another one, but conveniently enough, this is the weekend, so I guess I will not get the results til Monday or Tuesday. They are sticking me on blood pressure medicine, I'll go pick it up in town tomorrow.
This really sucks. I hate that things are weird so early. I'll try not to freak out too much until the results of my next 24 hour collection come back. My blood pressures have been fine. Not over the diagnostic 140/90. But the scary thing about preeclampsia is that it comes in pieces. The high blood pressure can be absent, the protein can be absent, etc. I'm not ready to say that it is happening again just yet. But we're definitely going to get everything ready i.e care for the dogs lined up, the RV cleaned up and/or a temporary housing situation found.
Once again let me reiterate: I can not wait for this pregnancy to be over and I will NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!! But I don't want it to be over too soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh boy. I am upset with you. But it is good that you have been through this before and know what all the terms/lingo mean and are preparing for an extended trip to Odessa.
Keep us posted. I'm going to think happy thoughts for you and your baby-in-development.
Man, I feel for ya. Hang in there (as best as you can). I'll be doing my best to send positive baby mojo your way too!!!
Whoa. I'm out here worrying and wishing for you and the little one. Love, karol
Post a Comment