Wednesday, May 20, 2009

dare I say it....

Sara has been breast milk free now for 4 days! I imagine her sitting around in some church basement somewhere with a bunch of other babies talking about how long they have been "dry"
She seems to have forgotten all about it too. Some people have told me that weaning was a very emotional experience for them, but the only emotion I have felt thus far is happiness that I have slept through the night for about the past week. Hooray! Maybe since I know there will be another one coming along soon, it was not very hard to give it up for now.

What else is new....

-I just finished reading "The Kite Runner" It was a good book. Kinda sad, but a good end. And Iffy's name was used in there, but not as a name, it was used meaning pride, as in "He hurt my iftikhar"

-I'm thinking about painting the house back to white. Even if Iffy doesn't get one of those jobs, it will still be easier to paint rooms now with one kid than when I have two.

-I have been looking for furniture. Specifically a couch and a dresser for Sara's room. This is when I get annoyed that we live in the middle of nowhere and that furniture is so unshippable to where I live. Also, I have decided that furniture is the most overpriced consumer good out there. Why is some crappy fake wood dresser with the "Made in China" sticker still on it priced $300? Why does IKEA want to charge me $313 to ship a $100 dresser? Going to Midland to look at furniture, see the pediatrician and the OB merits an overnight stay. Going overnight means kenneling the dogs which means...no room in the back of the pickup to bring home a couch. These are the reasons that GUMO looks very attractive, as minor and transient as they be.

-I am going home to visit Chicago on June 6th. My brother is graduating from H.S the next day (he's a youngin'), then on the 16th I am coming back with my bro, nephew and aunt. They will stay with me for a week, and then fly back home. And I was very surprised to spent only $260 for a round trip ticket out of Midland. What's up with that???

-Sadly my yoga teacher is transitioning over to Friday only during the summer months. Iffy is off on Mondays and Tuesdays, so it looks like I won't really be going as much in the foreseeable future. Except for when Iffy might randomly work late on Fridays or I find someone to watch Sara for a couple hours.

-Last night I was laying in bed, but having a hard time falling asleep due to snoring noises coming from next to me, so I got up and went to lay in the bed in Sara's room. As I lay there I felt things on me. I pulled back the covers and saw those goddamn little ants all over the sheets. Gross! So I got up, went into the other bedroom, put a sheet on the bed and slept in there. Stinkin' ants. I guess the spray didn't do a very good job of killing them.

Anyway, here's some pictures. I figured it was time to post some pics for the grandmas and aunties out there wanting to see some more. It's been a while, sorry, but it's just that I haven't been up to much, and I figure no one really cares to hear about the various Sudoku and Kenken puzzles I do in a day.

Talk to you later


While trying to take a picture of her today, Sara kept doing this. She's a weirdo I know, and she needs a haircut. And no, i did not make that lamp in the background. It's a Wal-Mart find.

Sara has some growing to do before she wears Daddy's jacket.

3 comments:

Kristin J said...

I really hope you are able to move closer to civilization. I can't imagine not being able to find a way to GET a small piece of furniture home due to the distance. And the whole drama with your doc appts is crazy. I have my fingers crossed for you and Iffy.

Sara is adorable as always.

Amy M said...

Have you seen the Kite Runner movie? If not, I'd recommend it. I loved it and I haven't read the book...

joanne said...

I am adding it to my Netflix list now. I have been meaning too, and you just reminded me.