Monday, May 11, 2009

blaaaah...

...is a good word to describe how I have been feeling lately.
I am so tired of being hungry and not wanting to eat anything that we have in the house. Though I am starting to come out of that phase, I'm not out of the woods yet.

My back starts hurting if I sit for too long, so I tend to lay around alot. It's freakin' hot outside. 115 was the temperature in Terlingua a couple days ago, 112 at Panther Junction. Not sure what the high was here as our thermometer is in the shade, but at least in the high 90's. So spending much time outside is unappealing as well.
I am taking a little break from glass right now, mostly because I have no shows coming up, so no pressing incentive to hurry up and make anything new. Mostly I don't really know what to do with myself.
There's too many things up in the air right now. Will we be moving one place or another soon? Should I buy paint when I go into town tomorrow and start painting the walls back to white? What the hell is going to happen to my body in the next 7 months?
I need answers. I wish that I had already seen the doctor and had some sort of game plan, but my first appointment is not til the 26th of May. Will a VBAC even be a possibility? Is it against west Texas backwards thinking policy? (probably)
I flip flop on a daily basis about which location I would rather live at. Last night Iffy and I were talking about it, and realized that 3 or 4 years is not that long and that's when Sara would be going to school. Given the choice of Dell City, Van Horn and Carlsbad, I would choose home school. I have absolutely no desire to ever home school. So I started thinking that given the scenario that we were still stuck at one place or the other a few years down the road, I would rather be here. But I so desperately don't want to live at the river.
Ok, I am done complaining. Here's some pictures.

The sky was rather amazing looking the other night. It was raining in other parts of the park, a very ominous sky with some sunset lit rocks

Kristen, if you didn't know, AJ beat me with this t-shirt design. I still contend that I should have won :)

The last moments of our couch, may it rest in peace. After the dog-caused demise of the back and the arm rest, I further destroyed it down to it's skeleton today and it got taken to the wood recycling pile. Now we need a new couch.

Sara, Daddy and Smokey. Sara was a bit unsure of the big furry guy.



Sara looks drunk here. She is not, I promise.

3 comments:

Kristin J said...

I believe you about the t-shirt design. I love my hubby and support him in most instances but I was not a big fan of his design.

Try to cheer up, it is hard I know. I just can't believe how beautiful your view is from your front yard. I guess if you see it everyday it starts to fade in beauty but when you post cool pictures I always ooohh and ahhhh. That picture of Sara "drunk" is really cute. You guys look like you are up to something.

Sarah said...

I have that shirt too! I think I also submitted a design that year, but since my design is on the 03 shirt, I'm happy enough with that!

Maybe you should just wait for more jobs to come open in more desirable places, instead of having to choose between GUMO and the hot wasteland there. Is that a possibility?

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture of you and Sara - adorable!

xoxox
Katie