Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Summer is here

I wore shorts yesterday. That makes it summer as far as I am concerned.

My dad is currently visiting for a few days, so yesterday, when we finally dragged our butts out of the house around 1 pm, we did some sightseeing stuff.

We made our way down to the river to see the hot springs again. Which is when I wore my shorts and sat in the water with Sara while the men watched. It was very nice and warm and sandy. Hard to believe that it's snowy and cold in other parts of the country

While we were down at the river we checked out this huge palm tree. I never really closely investigated it before, but it is awesome. It is actually a number of trees all together, and you can go inside the shaggy dead leave mess and this is what it looks like:


The big tree from the outside
And from the inside

Very neat-o.

Then we went down to Terlingua to the Starlight Theater for dinner (it was burger night after all!), came home and got our butts kicked by Iffy in rummy. Beginners luck I tell ya'!

We were thinking about doing the Lost Mine Trail today here in the mountains, but it is kinda windy, so we might opt for something else. We'll see.

Here's some pictures:

That's Mexico across the river

Sara wasn't thrilled about being barefoot in the sand

Sara and Lefty. She calls horses "dods" which is her word for dogs.


Rock Nettle (I think) in bloom.


With gramps and the bat stamps

0 comments: