I have been hijacked! My google that is. Here's what happens. You type something in that you are searching for, and the first page of results all looks fine and normal, but the links that they take you too are all bogus marketplace crap like bizrate, monstermarketplace, and other such tomfoolery. Of course the first page of results is where the most pertinent information always is too.
And if you are, say, trying to google how to de-hijack your google, you get nowhere. Aargh! Who the hell do I even call about this. Not Gateway. It's not a hardware thing. We have Norton Antivirus, and I did a full scan yesterday but it didn't catch anything. I am doing one now too. Maybe it will catch it this time.
I don't know what's to blame for this. Maybe Facebook (FB)? Anyone else out there having issues? Our friend Doug set up an account with Facebook and then the very next day, his friends (like me) started getting these bogus emails "from" him. They came from his email address and they were poorly translated-from-Chinese invites to check out some website that sells iPhones. Needless to say he did not send these out. He blames FB. But who knows. Maybe my problem is Blogger related. Blogger/Picasa/Google are all intertwined right?
Another funny thing is that Iffy keeps getting the FB email saying "so-and-so has added you as a friend" But Iffy does not have a FB account. I don't think you can be added as a friend if you don't have an account, right? And they are people that he doesn't know.
In other news, we are dealing with our first fever. Last night Sara's temp was 102.6. She seems totally fine though. Maternal intuition tells me that she is fine. She has not cold symptoms, no flu symptoms. Tylenol does bring it down a bit. But Iffy and I keep remembering the words of Dr Patel, the neonatologist who said: "If she ever seems sick for no good reason, make sure you get her tested for a urinary tract infection. They are the most missed things in kids." Which of course makes sense because a baby can't tell you if she has the urge to pee all the time or if it hurts when she does. So my two theories are 1) teething fever or 2) UTI. She's been drooling ALOT lately, but also, she had a nasty rash down there the other day. So either of these two theories could be supported by the evidence. I guess we'll just see if it sticks around for another day. I was planning on going to the doctor on Wednesday anyway because she needs her Synagis shot and flu shot #2.
Here's a couple pictures. Adios for now.
Sharing her feet with us on Christmas morning
She kinda looks like she'll be riding the short bus to school in this picture, if you know what I mean!
2 comments:
I think I heard about some hacker or virus or something associated with FB about a month ago. As I remember a significant number of Facebookers were having the problems you describe, but I thought it was resolved.
I just checked and my google is behaving normally. . . .gooood goooogle. Atta boy goood gooogle.
I, however am not behaving normally . .
Post a Comment