First the good:
- I got new chairs yesterday. I got two of each, so they don't all match, but that's ok. I like them. They look good and they go well with the table. And yes we did make the table. It is wonderfully large. This is the clearest is has been in months. When you have a big table it gets lots of stuff on it.
- Sara is getting cuter every day as evidenced by these pictures. The top is now my official favorite Sara picture.
this was the favorite picture for a while until the other one bumped it out.
Iffy and I thought it was hilarious to put this on her and watch her walk around. But really it was like watching a dog chase it's tail. She kept trying to figure out what the hell was on her back
- In the world of glass I have kept fairly busy lately. Here are some fused nightlights I made

...and a pendant and earrings...
Also I was recently commissioned to make a small panel as a going away present for a ranger couple that is moving onwards and upwards to the Grand Canyon. They currently live at Rio Grande Village, one of the riverside housing areas. I made a panel that depicts the Sierra del Carmens, which are the cliffs on the Mexican side. I originally made a different panel, but it was ugly (see below) so I redid it. I think this one looks much better.
then the bad:
-the nighttime weaning is not going as well as it could be. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even feel like going into it because I am sick of thinking about it, suffice it to say there was a lot of screaming. But there is one good thing. I was reading Dr. Sears advice on nighttime weaning and one point they made was pure genius, and SO obvious that I wonder "why the hell didn't I think of that??" I now wake Sara and give her some milk before I go to bed, so her last milk of the night is not when she goes to bed. Previously, every single night, just as I was about to doze off around ten or so, I was awakened by the crying. I was starting to believe that Sara really had some sort of psychic power and knew when I was going to sleep because it was that regular, like clockwork, every day. Now, I at least get an extra hour or two of sleep before she wakes me up. Yesterday I had five in a row.
- These (and their kind) are the reason that living with dogs in the basin drives me nuts-o. There is too much damn wildlife up here. It gives the dogs too much reason to bark their stupid heads off all day long.
and the ugly:
- this is the panel I had to remake because I really hated it so much. The composition is dumb, the lead lines are too thick, and the colors are bad. I like the sky, but that's it. Every once in a while a turn out a stinker. What can I say. I couldn't with a clean conscience charge someone for this, and I couldn't sign my name to it. I guess, I'll just disassemble it and use the glass for other stuff in the future.
- and to end on...an ugly picture of my brother and I (in ugly lighting)
2 comments:
First of all. I really like your table. Was it hard to make it yourself? I have always wanted to make a table using beautiful tiles or some sort of a mosaic. And the different chairs are very popular now. . . did you know you are trendy?
The expression on Sara's face is great. What were you doing to get her to do that? It must have been funny.
I am so glad you posted more of your glass work. I especially like the night lights. Probably because we can never find pretty nightlights.
I am sorry about your sleep issues. People keep telling me "they won't do this forever so don't worry". And I am sure you are sick of hearing this as well. Hang in there. I too have turned to Dr. Sears for advice lately and so far he seems to be my best resource. We have actually pulled a twin bed up next to our bed for Nick. It is working. . . for now.
Your table is awesome! It actually looks identical to the tiling I did on my kitchen wall, but I never thought of doing a table. Ikea, here I come!
I love the nightlights as well. I ALMOST asked you, "Does the light shine through like in stained glass?" And then I remember DUH, THEY ARE STAINED GLASS.
Post a Comment