Friday, September 11, 2009

back to normal

All is well. Don't need to break into Chicken Little mode just yet.

My protein values went back down into the nice and normal range. Iffy and I have been expecting a phone call for the past two days that says, "you need to come up to Odessa now"

So I've been somewhat cleaning, doing laundry and otherwise getting things in order for the possibility of having to leave the house for an extended period of time. Iffy was even going to clean the garage!!!!

But we can continue being slobs for the time being.

Yesterday while I was in Alpine, I was talking to an older Mexican woman in the hospital waiting room. The topic of baby #2 came up. When I told her it was a girl, and Sara was going to be a big sister, she said (with a rather disappointed tone), "Oh another girl, well maybe it will change" I am serious. She then went on to tell me about her grandson who was going to be a girl, but HE changed and was a boy. I guess there is hope for me too.

Also I noticed another elderly woman riding her bike around and around and around and around the hospital parking lot. The parking lot is NOT that big. It's a small hospital. It has a small parking lot. But yet she had chosen it as the place that she was going to ride her bike around in circles for at least 20 minutes, because she was still at it when I left. I noticed that she was not wearing a helmet, so I imagined the scenario that she was afraid of falling and suffering a severe head injury, and so figured, "what better place to do that than in a hospital parking lot?"

This morning I finished cutting glass for a commissioned piece I am working on. I sent a picture off to get the OK before I start soldering it all together, which I will probably do this Monday or Tuesday. I have nothing else planned, glass-wise, for the time being so this could very well be the last piece I make for a little while. The person who commissioned it just had a nephew and wanted a piece looking out over Lake Michigan with his (the nephew's) name written in the sand.


That's all the news fit to print around here for the time being. Here's your Sara picture. She was sitting on the floor eating cottage cheese out of a bowl like popcorn. This is the aftermath. I would also like to point out that this was a daddy chosen outfit. I had nothing to do with it.




6 comments:

Kristin J said...

YAAAYYY!! I'm glad that you won't have to cut outta BIBE just yet. The glass is pretty. It must be difficult to get everything to fit together so neatly.

And Sara's outfit isn't that bad. Bonus points for having her actually WEAR clothes.

gretchen said...

I'm glad to hear that numbers are back in a good range! I love all your pics and take care.

Anonymous said...

Daddy may have chose the outfit, but was it Mommy who chose to feed the kid cottage cheese on the floor?! Stop the insanity now before that baby gets here!!!! You'll have NO patience for cleaning up "popcorn" off the floor when there's another one to take care of, Sis. Stick that kid in a high chair/booster for feeding times.

joanne said...

in my defense, i did not give her the cottage cheese, she took the bowl off the table and sat down and started eating it all while we weren't looking.

mom said...

well anonymous was not your mother, but I kind of agree with the sentiment there!

Sarah said...

That's great news! Although I hope your little girl doesn't "turn into" a little boy. That has the makings of a TLC special written all over it. "The Girl Who Turned Into A Boy" tomorrow at 10.