Wednesday, September 9, 2009

319 mg

That's how much protein I had in my urine.

"Normal" for a pregnant woman is under 300. Over that and your stepping into preeclampsia land. I don't want to be there.

So I am redoing it tomorrow. Tomorrow will be almost a week since the last one. So hopefully it hasn't gone up too much, or at all. And maybe it even went down.

Everything else looks good. My liver function (which is what necessitated Sara's early arrival) is normal. So if all that is wrong with me for now is a little extra protein, I can live with that.

I need to make it past 9/29/09 with no diagnosis of preeclampsia to be doing better than last time. I've got 20 more days to go.

By the way, spellcheck has apparently never heard of preeclampsia. Shame on them.

Switching gears for a moment...

I made a 2 1/2 pound rump roast last night for dinner. And guess what. I ate two bites. Didn't like it. It can partially be blamed on not being hungry due to being bummed out thinking about bad pregnancy stuff, but mostly I just didn't like it. It was either too tough and chewy, or it was too much like biting into a dead bloody animal. To this Iffy said, "well guess what it is."

Yes, I know it is in fact a dead animal. I have nothing against eating dead animals, you won't find me in the vegetarian aisle anytime soon, but I don't like being reminded of it while I am chewing my meal. I often experience this sensation when eating beef. I really don't like steaks, or other big chunks of dead cow. That is why I make chicken so much. And I hate it when I spend so much time making a meal that I don't even want to eat. Iffy ate it, so it wasn't a total waste, but what's the point if I don't want to eat it. So for dinner I had the mashed potato and mushrooms, and then I ate a Luna bar and a bowl of cereal. It was better than my gross roast.

Hopefully my dinner experience will be better today.

Here are some pictures.

25 weeks 5 days

0 comments: