The truck is on schedule to get here bright and early tomorrow morning. I have been going going going since about 8 am this morning (I woke up at 5 but sat and did some photo deleting and saving until then) cleaning up stuff, packing up some glass, etc etc. Iffy says I don't need to do all this, and I know that technically I don't, but I can't help it. I have tried to explain that if the house is a mess when it goes into the boxes, it will be a mess when it comes out of the boxes. If there is a pair of pliers on the table next to a pair of "big girl pants", a marker and a dirty towel, and that all goes into a box together, then when we open it up there will still be a bunch of random crap laying around.
Anyways, here's the plan. I am leaving with the girls on Tuesday am. Iffy will stay til they are done loading up the truck. I will just be in the way at that point, so we are going early. We are going as far as Roswell and staying there for the night. Then we will get up Wednesday morning, partake in the scrumptious breakfast buffet (as long as we are not abducted by aliens) and then leave, arriving at Bandelier Wednesday late morning/early afternoon. I can't beleive that tomorrow night I need to be getting ready to leave. For good. Crazy.
This move is way more exciting than the last one because we are getting out of the general area, moving to civilization and a place that we might actually stay for a while. Of course you cant really know that for sure until you are there for a while, but I think it will be a great place.
I guess my last post from Texas should be more monumental or memorable, but it's not. Sorry to disappoint. I'm tired. So this is it. Next time you hear from me, I'll be writing from New Mexico!
In the meantime, here are some cute pictures of the kids
Adios...
Cinco de Mayo pinata festivities. Sara doesn't get the concept still. She picked up one roll of Smarties, opened them up and put each indivicual Smartie in her loot bag. By the time she was done with that the other kids had scooped up all the candy. That's ok. She was happy with her Smarties.
See that crappy little piece of plastic Happy meal toy in her hand? That mysteriously fell in the garbage can while I was packing. It was a Chipmunk. You pressed her head and she said "We are the Chipettes....UH-HUH!!!" It was super annoying. I have said it before and I will say it again, I HATE THE CHIPMUNKS. Do not ever get Sara or Caroline a chipmunk toy or CD. You might as well take the money and place it directly in the trash can.
2 comments:
!!!! This is it !!!!
Great pics!!! Hasta La Vista Big Bend. Good luck on your journey. It's hard to believe that this is your first move with kids (and two no less). Well, technically Sara was in your belly on the last move but that made it a little easier to keep track of her and make sure she was out of the way. Travel Safe.
Post a Comment