Yesterday afternoon I was packing up some glass and a kinda dropped a piece a little and a felt something hit my eye. I didn't really think anything of it and I did notice some redness, but I attributed it to tiredness.
Anyways I woke up this morning and this is what it looked like:
I started freaking out thinking that I had a shard of glass in my eyeball and I was going to lose my sight. I actually started blacking out a bit like I was going to faint. I really am quite good at working myself into a tizzy thinking the worst.
So I got into the car and drove to Alpine with my neighbor who was kind enough to help me out. Since it was involving the eyeball, I didn't know if I would be able to drive myself home if there was infact something in there that needed to be removed.
Turns out it is just a bruise. Whatever hit it, hit it with enough force to cause a blood vessel to rupture. It feels sore and tender to the touch, but not like there is anything in there. Just sore.
This is the perfect ending to our time here at Big Bend which has largely been characterized by lots of driving for medical reasons. Should I have expected my last day to be anything other than crazy?
Caroline looks pretty grossed out too...
2 comments:
Oh, owww!
I really know that panic/blackout tizzy feeling...
You have inspired me to be more careful today. I'll have to re-remind myself again tomorrow.
--(signed) Accident Prone
Wow. It looks a lot better now than it does in this pic! Glad it is getting better.
Post a Comment