Thursday, January 28, 2010

pictures

Every day lately I say to myself "today's the day I am going to post something on my blog" And then I don't. Once the little tornado is in bed for the night I am tired and all I want to do is sit on the couch and maybe do a little knitting.

Today was a bad evening, Iffy is working til ten, and was supposed to come home around 7 for dinner, but never showed up. I was waiting for him so we could eat together but then gave up and just decided to eat. But then I all of a sudden had three people that needed to eat all at the same time. The screaming one, the screeching one and the pissy one. It sucked. But that is the life of a ranger wife. You can never really plan on anything, he can get called away at anytime.

But I did want to get some pictures up before I go camp out on the couch, knit a sock and watch "Pawn Stars" one of my new favorite shows.

My dad and brother came to visit me last week. My brother is in the states for a month because China schools are on break.


************
When my male family members were here we went for a hike on a trail I have never been on. You have to go out to Terlingua and then had north and access the park from there. It's a very easy flat non-dangerous trail perfect for Sara to walk on her own. There are lots of pictographs and petroglyphs along the way.
A squatting Sara. This was about 300 yds from the truck on the way back. I guess she was done walking.

Sara came across a bunch of rocks that HAD to be picked up and thrown into the dead grass just to the right of her. She would have done this all day if we let her.

Cool colors on rock.

The Chisos were partially hidden that day. When we left our house we were up in that cloud, and were glad to find that we weren't in it anymore for our walk.

Sara the little hiker

Rock art


Sara and grandpa

My sister sent along her extra double stroller. Now all we need is a place to stroll...

Sara in the sand rail

"baby" Sara




Cute!

2 comments:

Kristin J said...

YAYYY! Finally some pictures. Thank you. I needed a dose of Joanne and the girls.

mom said...

I like your little tornado! And what shall we call the BIG eyed one? Eatalot? She's looking more Khan-ish now.