The basin is absolutely crawling with mountain lions. I have seen 4 since I have been here, and I really don't get out much. There has been one spotted roaming around near the lodge a number of times in the past week. It took down a deer in the freakin' PARKING LOT! Then the other night the lodge manager who lives in the house where a mountain lion once took down a deer in the front yard, called the rangers because his 6 year old daughter was out in the front yard by herself and there was a mountain lion around the corner, about 25 feet or so from where she was playing. They were understandably a little freaked out! I really do not understand how it is that my dogs are still alive. Anyway, living in the Basin, sometimes I feel like I am waiting for a mountain lion disaster or a fire disaster to hit, hopefully I will not be here when either one happens. I'm not gonna lie, it's not very parkie of me, but when we go hiking I am pretty damn glad that Iffy always has his duty weapon with him, cause if it comes down to my kid or a mountain lion, guess who's gonna lose.In other news, Sara and I are flying to Chicago tomorrow. I still have not packed. I also have to clean the guest rooms, one of which is my messy messy stained glass room because I am bringing family back with me. I should be doing that right now as Sara is sleeping, but I am not.
I am NOT looking forward to trying to contain the wiggle worm on two planes. How I miss direct flights. But my number one tip for flying with a kid is give yourself a seat as far back as possible, chances of other people wanting to sit way back there are lower and you are more likely to have an empty seat next to you. Once I had all three to myself. So far, the computer is showing that I've still got an empty one next to me from Dallas to Chicago. I'll bring some books with me, they hold her interest for quite a while these days.
In pregnancy related news, I am completing my twelfth week today. When I come back home from my trip I will be all done with my first trimester. Hooray. Hopefully I will stop feeling like a tired, lazy piece of crap in the coming weeks. Last night I woke up at 1:30, dozed a bit until 2:30 then I read til about 3:30, and was still awake at 4:45 when I decided to just give up and get out of bed. I was so pissed at my inability to sleep. My sisters having the same problem, so maybe it's pregnancy related. I don't know. I did see a little blurb in one of my pregnancy books today about this time of the pregnancy and hormone levels and insomnia. Hopefully it goes away.
In non-baby related news, here's a stained glass piece I just finished this morning (ever the procrastinator am I!) I made it for my cousin to give as a gift to someone who rides a motorcycle, hence the open road. So, I had to get it done before I leave so I can take it with me.

And finally, here are the Sara pictures of the day. It will be fun to see her playing with the little boy cousins, and the big one too! I am sure that there will be a trip to the zoo in our future next week, and maybe even a ride on the merry go round! Tata for now.
6 comments:
So a true "parkie" would not have the gun, or not use it, or pick the mtn. lion over the tyke? Aieeee!
Did you take the mountain lion picture? That's tooo close.
See you both tomorrow!
no, a google search of "mountain lion" provided me with the picture
see ya soon!
Have a great trip! Hopefully no mountain lions have packed themselves into your luggage while you weren't looking (they're sneaky like that.)
The lion lurking in your neighborhood would be too close for comfort for me. Hopefully the rangers decide to paintball it like we did with the bears at Lassen. It worked really well - and it is a lot of fun too.
hi, Jo!
it was good to see you and Sara, even if only briefly!
I wanted to stop by and let you know that Chuck loved the stained glass! He is hanging it in his sun room - I bought the jack chain you talked about.
thanks, again!
xoxox
Katie
Hi Joanne! Great to see pics and can't believe how big she is. Hope all is well with the wildlife, we now have new wildlife to get used to.
Post a Comment