Sunday, June 28, 2009

Texans in Chicago

Well, I've got three main points to report on, so I thought I would break them up into three separate entries. Three in one day, woo-hoo!

First of all, back at the beginning of the month Sara and I flew up to Chicago to visit the fam. The weather was predictably unpredictable, i.e, cold, rainy and not stroller friendly most of the time that I was there. And then of course it got better a couple days before I left.

Anyways, Sara had fun playing with her cousins, we went to Uncle Michaels H.S graduation, went to the zoo where we saw some raarrs (lions) and rode the merry go round, I saw a couple of old friends that have recently re-entered my life via Facebook, and ate too much good food of various ethnic backgrounds.

We also went to the Old Town Art Fair. There were some really cool works, some not so cool works, some weird jewelry, only one stained glass guy (I liked his work) and some BORING oil still lifes of fruit on a table (note to readers: all oil still lifes of fruit on a table look the same). Anyways, while there I made my first official purchase of an original piece. It is a mechanical picture. You can view the artists' website here. I really lied their work, I thought it was very original, I hadn't ever seen anything quite like it before. I got the Winking Moon piece.

The plane was fine and thankfully Sara slept from Dallas to Chicago, the long flight. She is of course getting more and more wiggly and it is getting harder to confine her on a plane, hopefully by the next time we fly she will be sufficiently bigger to entertain herself with crayons and a piece of paper or something like that.

Here are some pictures, enjoy.

Sara being a big girl and walking to the train in Chicago. I love taking the train when I go back there. I drive enough out here, it's nice to use public transportation.

Micahels graduation was held at the Auditorium Theater downtown. The high school auditorium is not big enough for each students' six guests. Mine was held at DePaul University's gym.

Ice cream after graduation

On the lawn in front of the conservatory and zoo. This was taken immediately before the messy poop diaper and no sink situation. It was gross.

Sara, Andrew and Eli. By the way, since my sis is currently pregnant again, she is in the market for a triple stroller, soon she could be pushing around 4+ feet of stroller width!

Sara's first merry go round ride. I tried to plop her on and just stand next to her, but she wouldn't have it, so I had to sit on the fiberglass lion and hold her in my lap.

My brother and Andrew

My sister and Eli

Sara and Andrew in the eggs shaped crawling tube at the farm in the zoo.

Another triple cutie shot. It is VERY hard to get a photo of three babies and have them all turn out looking cute or facing the camera.

Crazy Eli and Sara

Sara and great grandpa Wally in his backyard.


This is how Sara fell asleep in the car on the way back from my grandpas house. So cute.

0 comments: