Sorry that I have been so very delinquent in posting new things. I have been busy. I am getting ready to go out for another show today, but in the early morning hours while the baby is still sleeping, here is a quick rundown of what's been going on....
1- As you already probably know, I am expecting bambino number 2 in December. Lately I have been on and off freaking myself out by reading things about recurrence rates of preeclampsia and HELLP. I hate the not knowing if it's going to happen again. And I dread another NICU stay. There are lots of stories out there of women who have perfectly fine and "normal" pregnancies the second go round. Then there are stories of women who have it much worse or almost die the second or third or fourth time round. These stories bum me out and that's when I need to stop reading.
There's really nothing I can do about it. Doctors don't really know why it happens or what causes it. I can only keep my fingers crossed. However this will definitely be the last one. I can't put myself through this again. We will be taking permanent measures to ensure that.
2- I have been doing lots of art fairs and selling glass. I did the Terlingua Green Scene on April 11th, the following week I went up to Alpine for the "Go Texan" fair, today I am going up to Alpine again, Sul Ross University is hosting an Earth Day celebration where there will be booths and vendors set up. Next weekend we are headed up to Capitan NM for Smokey the Bear days. It's a two day event. In case you didn't know, Smokey the Bear is buried in Capitan NM. It's the town's claim to fame. That and a big billboard proclaiming that "Jesus is Lord over Capitan." Our friend Doug lives up there so we will stay with him. Iffy's got some time off, so it will be a little Mini vacation. Our real vacation will be in August when we will be going up to our cabin in Chama.
Anyways, I've been selling a fair amount, mostly jewelry. So my weeks lately have consisted of replenishing the jewelry supply while Sara naps. That is why I have not been around the blog lately. I made 100 pieces of jewelry this week.
I would post some pictures here, but I have already posted tons of pictures of my jewelry on the Glass Wren site. Check it out here.
3- Iffy's birthday was on Thursday. We celebrated early by spending Monday night in Terlingua. A woman I take yoga with has a guest house near the ghosttown that she rents out for 40 bucks a night. it was fun, we went to burger night on Monday, spent the night, sat on the porch, drank some O'douls (Iffy didn't), looked at the stars, and then on Tuesday I got Iffy a massage. On his actual birthday I made meatloaf for dinner and a scrumpdiddlyumptious cheesecake for desert.
4- Sara continues to get cuter everyday. Her words are 'dog', 'banana', 'sara' and 'shoe'. I think she also might be making a 'fff' sound for flower. Our back door screen door is really more of a storm door. It has glass for almost the entire length except the bottom 8 inches or so is screen. Well actually was screen. The dogs have since ripped the screen off, now it is just open. Anyways, there is a point to this. I was in the garage the other day for about 45 seconds, Sara was alone in the house with the backdoor open, storm door closed. When I came back in the house Sara was no where to be found. Before I had a chance to start freakin out I looked up and saw her wandering around the back yard. She had apparently slithered her way through that opening at the bottom of the door. What a little monkey.
The little monkey is really not ready at all to be weaned, but I think she'd going to have to be soon. I don't want to be nursing two at the same time. Plus pregnancy and lactation is alot of stuff for my body to do all at once. So, I guess I'll start working on that. I've said that before haven't I, this time I mean it though.
And not to jinx myself, but Sara has slept through the night now two days in a row!!! Let's hope this keeps up.
Here are some pictures. I have to get going.
Talk to you all later
The Red Rocks along the Blue Creek trail.
4 comments:
Wow. You have been busy. But of all the pictures you just posted I was lured in by the cheesecake picture. Holy COW that thing is enormous and so yummy looking.
Hang in there on the weaning thing. I was lucky with Lucas he just weaned himself but with Nick it is not going to be easy at all.
Have fun in Capitan! That will be a nice getaway for you guys.
I don't know what to say about the preeclampsia. But I do know that the google can be a blessing and a curse. You have to stop reading about everyone else's experiences (just like childbirth) because it will scare the hell out of you. Enjoy the moment (it sounds like you already are).
Wow girl, you have been busy, busy. I love seeing cute Sara pics and how much she's growing. And your jewelry....Man, don't get me started on that. I LOVE it! Now wonder your stuff is selling like hot cakes.
I agree with you and Kristin. Stop reading about the scary stuff and just enjoy yourself. And soak up this time of it being the 3 amigos before you become the 4 amigos (couldn't think of anything witty about a foursome).
This is such an exciting time for the 3 of you!
I was like Kristin looking at the pictures... cute kid... goat... pretty jewelry... HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT CHEESECAKE! Mmmmm. Cheesecake.
I hope everything goes well for you during this pregnancy. Have a good time in Nuevo Mexico. It was about 90 degrees here today and everyone was like "OH MY GOD IT IS SO HOT!" Whimps. All of them.
First: AJ is threatened by the size of that Cheesecake and needs the recipe. (please hurry Mom's day is coming)
Second: He wants to know if you peeled the strawberries because he can't see any seeds. This disturbs him. He even made me enlarge the picture so he could see better.
Post a Comment