Friday, March 27, 2009

the little things

On Wednesday I went to yet another artist's market. Sara joined me later as Iffy worked at 2 pm so he watched her for a couple hours in the morning and brought her to me later.
I did better then the two previous times, selling mostly small things, earrings and pendants, but 10 dollars here and there adds up rather quickly. I was about to start packing up the at about 5:30 when the day was officially over, and then a couple ladies came in and bought 70 bucks worth in the last 5 minutes, so good thing I stayed.

The latest development in the half baby/half monkey child's growth, is that she is now quite able to climb out of the playpen. It is quite remarkable, and unfortunate at the same time. Containment of the baby is becoming nearly impossible. I made this discovery at the art fair when I put her in there to keep her near and not running all over the place. I'll post a video in a bit, but she is sleeping right now.

My next art affair will be the Terlingua Green Scene on April 11th. Not sure how it will go. It is more of a locals affair, and of course the tourist is the main consumer of my things, so it might not be a roaring success, but still worth a shot. Since the theme of the day is recycling and green living I was going to make some things using recycled glass, not sure what yet. Hopefully I won't get kicked out of the fair for having styrofoam as a packing material!

After that, there's nothing else planned anytime soon. Things are pretty dead down here in the heat of the summer. I might have to venture outward a bit.

Here's some pictures of my recent jewelry attempts, as well as a few other pieces that sold over the past few weeks.

Tata for now, I must go work on dinner.






And here is the obligatory Sara shot, taken outside the doctors office while waiting for her LAST Synagis shot ever. Hooray!

2 comments:

mom said...

can I get a necklace with a few of those smallish ones?

Kristin J said...

I love the necklace on the bottom with the red and blue. Very pretty. How much are you asking for your necklaces? Maybe AJ can buy me a belated anniversary present. . .

Congrats on the success with selling your glass. Funny you should mention recycled glass because I was just thinking about putting in recycled glass countertops. That is assuming I ever find a house. BIG assumption there.