Well, it's been a while. I am leaving for Chicago tomorrow, where it is currently probably some ridiculous temperature like -10 degrees and everyone is sick. Ick. But here in Texas we are having our own winter too. The road up to the Basin was closed last night due to snow and ice. Iffy left this morning at 6 to check on things. He said it was still icy. So though I was GOING to leave today at 8 or 9ish to go up to Alpine for Sara's Synagis shot and then on up to Midland to spend the night. It looks like I might have to push my departure back until the road situation clears up. But don't worry, it will only be a few hours later, not days.
What else is new...
Well, last Saturday I went out to the Otre Vez resale store in Study Butte, though we have been here for over a year, I had never been there due to the fact that they are only open about one or two days a month. But finally, I needed to get rid of some stuff that had been sitting around forever, so I swung by to drop it off. While I was there of course I did some browsing, (must always replace junk with junk) and found a 6 foot Christmas tree for only $5! Granted it is a Wal-Mart tree, complete with the expected Wal-Mart quality, but it was $5, so now it is my Wal-Mart tree.
When last I wrote, I metioned my plans to force Iffy into nice clothes for a family photo. Well, I did, but they didn't turn out so good. At that time of the day the whole front yard was in shadows which created horribly dark pictures of us, but well lit mountains in the background. So that project got postponed a bit until Monday when Iffy was off and we went to find a better spot to take some pictures in. I would post them, but then you won't be surprised when you get my Christmas card, so you'll just have to wait.
Not much else new to report. It seems that I have been connected to the computer lately. I've been doing some sorting through photos and whatnot, some Christmas shopping etc. It's amazing how much time of your life can get frittered away on-line.
So on that note I am going to go and throw a few more things in the suitcase.
Perhaps I will post from Chicago, if not, I'll see you all in a week or so.
here are some pictures
2 comments:
What a cute family! It's so fun to see how big Sara is becoming. What a little lady in her fancy dress. Have fun in Chicago. Travel Safe.
~Amy
I was all proud of my $8 Christmas tree, and then you had to bust out a $5 one! Damn you Joanne, you are the QUEEN OF BARGAINS.
That's funny, I don't know Sara, but just from your pictures I kind of assumed she was a tomboy. I can't really picture her being into princesses and pink one day... but you never know. Something tells me she is going to be an athlete. Many it's the freakish upper body strength.
Post a Comment