Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hot Springs pictures

I decided to devote an entire post to these pictures. They go with the previous post (see below)

You can see the water line here from the flooding of the river earlier this year.

Here are some pictures of the mud. There's alot of it...



Cool looking sand at the edge of the river

Me and Sara in the Hot Springs. The ruins of the old bathhouse are still there, that is what we are standing in.

This was the clearest that I have ever seen the river, it didn't look like chocolate milk!

Iffy and I plan on coming back to this still pool and seeing if there are any fish in there. Not to eat, just for the fun of catching them.

This is the old general store from back in the day.

The three of us

Swallow nests

Plantigrade footprints -I was a biology major!
Only left by racoons (and kin, I think?) bears and primates, as far as mammals go.




2 comments:

Kristin J said...

Plantigrade! I love it. Thanks for all the pics of the river, I was really curious about the state of things down there. Is it the Barker house that overlooks Boquillas? The water didn't get that high did it?

And the family pics are pretty cool too. We need to get out and get family pics. I was hoping to get some in the snow but we missed our opportunity.

Sarah said...

I had an unfortunate quicksand incident at Big Bend once - and learned that just because the ground looks all cracked and dry, it is dangerous underneath! Love the photo shoot!